Sunday, September 12, 2010

Apple Festival '10


One more festival down in the history books. Weather was bad with tons of rain until Saturday morning and then BEAUTY! Cool, sunny and dry. There was the need for straw to be spread over muddy places in the craft tents which wreaked havoc on my breathing part so I sit here coughing as I type. Never knew I had allergies.
J is the high school drum major- did I mention that in an earlier post?- so he led the band in the parade and at the concert. I was really proud. He did a great job. Their field marching show is Lady Ga Ga songs and they played all of those at the concert.











E has moved to the university in Springfield to start classes and as you can see by these move -in pics, she is stressed. She was in no mood for me to snap these. She has been there three weeks now and is doing much better adjusting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Lucente said...

My daughter moved off to university in mid-August... I honestly think it was more stressful for me than it was for her. She is LOVING college life. She is only 40 minutes from home, so she's close enough that she can come home and we can go to her any day of the week--- if she needs us, but far enough away that she's got the freedom and independence she wants. I still fight back the tears at the thought of my first-born having left the nest, it's very bittersweat.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you are feeling, WB. It's a similar situation for my daughter- only 30 minutes away. However, she is really not enjoying it yet. She isn't enjoying the freedom like I did and so many others do. She is a different kid, though. I think eventually she will settle in and start to feel a part of things. Right now, she is trying to get through the week just so she can get home to security. We've talked about the problem of being disconnected from the university with that outlook. she will never feel a part of anything if she continues to view it that way.

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home