Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Offspring Updates

High school Homecoming was this past Friday night. Here is E with her guy- he is so cute and such a nice guy. Yes, there is a big diff in height but he is such a good guy it doesn't even matter to her. They are two grades apart but only one year in age. I didn't think that when Slim left for college, she would ever find someone here to date but K is a wonderful guy and she is lucky to have someone so decent.





J went to an "Ugly Prom" lately as a Rick Astley look-alike. Now, unfortunately, with so many compliments of how much he looked like Rick, J decided he should add this ensemble to his normal school wardrobe. Fortunately, he didn't add the hairdo to it.
He is however growing his hair out and when I say growing it out, I mean REALLY growing it out. I just had him get an inch cut off and it is still crazy big. He enjoys playing the cowbell in pep band each home game while he "head bangs" letting the hair make a statement. It's made him a celeb of sorts, with people stopping him in McDonalds and other places to ask if he is the kid playing cowbell at the games. Part of that is because of the hair and part is the dancing he does along with the playing. He won the most spirited student award during Homecoming, winning $25. Even the officials were asking the band director about him. Crazy.
He has a plan for the hair. He is hoping to sell quadrants of his head- 4 in all- for $25 each and those who purchase can choose what he does or they want to do to that portion of hair. I don't think, short of burning it off, he will say no to anything. The money goes into his NYC trip fund for this May. That, my friends, is guts.

12 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

When I was in high school the guys all had longer hair, it was the style. Shaggy long to rocker long. Shaved was completely off the radar. Two guys wanted to go skiing one winter and needed money. They took pledges from fellow students, a buck or two if they would shave their heads. They raised a lot of money, the kids just didn't believe they'd actually do it.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Oh, your kids are looking good, glad they are doing well.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent! Jack is fearless so I think he will follow through with anything. It's me Im worrying about! Hell be going to NYC with a crazy looking head.
Thanks for the compliment!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Nice, happy looking kids. Well done, Mom.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

A Rick Astley look-a-like? I would be sooooooo proud! (I learned today that the 2nd most played song on my iPod is "Never Gonna Give You Up". Apparently I rickroll myself on a regular basis.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lorraine, I never minded Rick Astley myself but it is hilarious about the rickroll phenomenon.
J went around singing it and was constantly watching the video for awhile so he could get the dance down.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat videos[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or misunderstood methods to build an income online.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Approvingly your article helped me truly much in my college assignment. Hats off to you post, choice look ahead for more interdependent articles soon as its sole of my pet topic to read.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Had you on my mind. Your kids are growing up SO fast.

Hope you're well.

--Michele

10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jet Pass! Nice of you to look me up. Hope you are well too.og

5:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jet Pass! Nice of you to look me up. Hope you are well too.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home