Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You know what they say about the length of skirts in the fashion world rising or falling indicating how bad national economics are? The better we fare, the longer the skirts, the worse we fare, the shorter the skirts become?
I have an indicator for my stress level. The more stress I am under, the skinnier I get. The more settled I am, the fatter I become. In times past, I was pudgy or resembling a concentration camp inmate depending on what was going on in my life. Ive got pictures so don't argue.
At the beginning of December, I had a challenge to my mental stability, pretty much in my head but perception is reality, right? Anyway, I was in a constant state of upset so I didn't eat much. Nothing tasted good and even though I was hungry, I didn't eat. I worked constantly cleaning and organizing at home, not setting down for long at all before I was up again. I worked out at home. Then I started working out at the Y as well. Things began to settle the middle of this month and even though I am feeling much better, I am still heading to the Y every morning except Sunday to walk the treadmill at 9 and a half percent incline and use 10 lb free weights. I have found its not so bad to go that early in the morning even though I have always avoided the Y in the mornings. My usual outside walk doesn't compare to the treadmill since I can't find any hills in town to kick my butt with. My metabolism has apparently been kicked into gear too. I feel better but that was the case in November. That sluggish feeling Ive had for a few years had started to dissipate.
So anyway, Im in better shape all because of this incident in December. No resolutions. No diets although I am eating healthy stuff when I eat.
Just stress to kick start me. Crazy. I think I can maintain this level of exercise too at least for a while.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

yay for feeling better!
wish i could lose some weight.

10:41 AM  
Blogger just me said...

I tend to eat more when I'm stressed, not less. The only time I eat less is when I am actually ill.

everyone's different, I guess. I used to have a girlfriend who cleaned when she was depressed.

12:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Good Going! Glad things are better for you.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Glad you are feeling better.
Stress makes me eat more.

10:20 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Happiness is fattening.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home