Thursday, January 07, 2010

On a Cold Blustery Day, Nothing Satisfies Like Viewing the Past

After Anne and Mom posted snippets of their past year's posts, I decided to read some of my own posts from years past. What I was reminded of was delightful and thought-provoking comments from my good blogger buddies. Some of you are still around thankfully and some are long gone. I miss posting (having something relevant to say) and have to admit, my posts weren't as topical and low-brow as I usually viewed them.
I miss Natas/Otis and Iamnot, Kate and Jetpass. Hope they are well and enjoying themselves.
I decided to re-post something from the past from Natas.

Life's rules according to nataS?

1. Life is difficult.
2. Perception is reality.
3. Change is the toughest thing a human being can do.
4. You can never change another human being; you can only change yourself. Once you change, they change, but you cannot change them.
5. I am responsible for everything I do and say. I am not responsible for your response.
6. The future and the past are seldom as good or as bad as we anticipate or remember.
7. Nobody has a squeaky-clean psyche.
8. The only thing that lasts forever is...Now.

courtesy of Dr. Friday

8 Comments:

Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

oooh, very zen
I like the last one.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

It is good to remember. Memories make the now what it is.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AM I cat get into the last one because NOW for me doesn't last forever. Or is it saying live in each and every moment and thereby make it last forever? Im not good at zen ideas..
I certainly go for 1, 2, 5 and 6, especially 5. I struggle with 2. I question my perception of events, etc. and therefor mess things up for myself and others. "The Four Agreements" talked about one's perception of their life events. I need to read it again.

Mom, perfect.

6:37 AM  
Anonymous S said...

Ohh I got the 4 Agreements as book on cd for xmas from a friend! I have not read/listened to it yet. Maybe I will do that today!
I miss Iamnot, also and wonder how he is. :)
Weird how the blog world revolves and people come in and out of our lives.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool, S. Enjoy!
I personally thought the overall tone of the book was weird and heavy but the actual message was life changing for me.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

That's a very good list, I should print that out and post it on my wall.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

I can't believe you still have that! Now, that's impressive and flattering!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oakley sunglasses
nike trainers
soccer jerseys
adidas shoes
coach bags
bottes ugg
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
ralph lauren
cheap nfl jerseys
201711.13wengdongdong

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home