Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Please Pass the Clarity

Pondering the meaning of some situations Im involved in.

Why is it so easy to see things so straight when it comes to other people's lives and events but for my own, it is like looking through muddy water? I guess letting my intuition help would be the best. I like things clearly stated and if it's not, I read things in that may or may not be intended. I have a big imagination too but I do manage not to fly off the handle with my assumptions in too wild a way most instants.
This is all surrounding the dating game, btw. I have never been this nervous! When I decided to jiggle the bait again, I felt pretty confident in my self and reasons for beginning again. One person and Im a basket case. Most well-adjusted people would say to this situation-" Okay, things are looking kinda hinky so this isn't going to work between us" and it's dropped. Onward and upward. But I see potential, allowing myself to respond with my whole person to this man, I find myself intrigued and attracted to the whole package.
So answer me this. When do you shut off the heart and go with just what the head says?

Btw, Im not desperate. Ive been alone for a long while and feel fine about spending more time that way.

5 Comments:

Anonymous S said...

When do you shut off the heart and go with just what the head says?

I wonder that, too. I know though, that if I only listened to my head I would have hit the road a LONG time ago in my relationship.
It's confusing, for sure. One would think it would get easier as we get older, but uh, no it does not!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I think the only time you ask those questions is when you already know the answer.

8:28 AM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

You don't have to have the end figured out at the beginning. You can travel this route for a while and just enjoy the view. Don't make any big decisions. Just have fun!

A wise friend of mine said,
"If you are looking for Mr. Right, you will find him. If you are looking for Mr. Perfectly Right, you will be lonely." There are worse things than lonely, to be sure.

Mark & I offer neither offer or demand perfection. I think that's perfect!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AM, that was a good comment and I especially like the beginning and end part. Makes sense.
I am prone to mulling something over searching for the answer and never arriving at it, only confusion.
The problem (only one?)with me is when I decide to go with my gut, I have many times called it wrong and paid a price, hence the mulling.

5:58 AM  
Blogger John said...

I agree with AM. You don't have the end figured out at the beginning. I would still be single if that were the case. And I would probably be kicked out of the club right now as well.

Good luck. And if you need some dating advice, don't call me. I didn't know what I was doing 30 years ago and still don't.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home