Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Don't feel sorry for me, really!

We have school today and then we are granted a full Wednesday out before Thanksgiving. How nice of our district!
I will be spending this Thanksgiving Day alone for the first time ever. It made sense to because the kids need to spend some extra time with their dad and since they will be home on Friday from his house, I didn't want to travel over to my Mom's and come straight back to get them on the weekend. I decided to stay here, work on my Christmas gifts while they were gone and take off to my Mom's with them on Friday. September was the last time we were all home.

Anyone have a suggestion for Thanksgiving dinner for one?

More later.

7 Comments:

Blogger just me said...

take yourself out to a nice restaurant - maybe with a friend if you can find one in the same circumstance.

whatever you do, enjoy your peace and quiet :)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

My neighbor's husband is away hunting this week so I invited her over for dinner, but she is staying home and having pizza and beer. You can join us but I think the drive would be too long for you. :(

What ever you choose to have, choose something you're thankful to have, like my neighbor, she's thankful for pizza and beer. It doesn't have to be fancy. Blessings!

8:25 AM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I found a Cabernet Sauvignon I'm enjoying by Michael Sullberg in California. A bottle or two of that will make the day more relaxed. I enjoy chopping veggies when I'm not rushed. The ones your kids don't like, sauteed in olive oil, tossed in pasta would be delicious.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

Savor the peace and quiet. Fix something you love to eat.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Sounds divine!!! Be thankful you don't have my husbands entire family coming... Oops! Did I say that out loud? Seriously, sounds like a marvelous chance to reflect on your blessings. Start with how thankful others are for you :) have a great day!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Whatever you have, I hope it is sauced with lots of satisfaction and thanks, you know, giving.

Hope all is well with you.

10:21 PM  
Blogger John said...

I would have given you that advice that would have ensured the best Thanksgiving that you ever would have had in your entire life. But I didn't read this until Saturday morning. Sorry.

Maybe next year.

Or maybe not.

Hope you had fun anyway.

Did you watch the parade?

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home