Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So my computer guy says my HP has a motherboard issue. Like it needs a new one and they can't be found. I may be naive and he is just yanking my chain but since he has nothing to gain from telling me that, I assume its true. I have another source that I can verify it by.
I am so gonna write a letter expressing my disgust with a four year old machine that is not even used every day having problems to this extent. I know, I know- they will not even read it but I am still writing it. I should have done my homework before I bought it.
So as it stands right now, I have no computer at home nor will I unless I find someone with a used one that wants to lend. I haven't checked with my peeps.
I have had some withdrawal symptoms associated with no home computer. My Facebook account is slightly overloaded with "stuff" too. No biggy though.
My mom had been visiting since Saturday and doing some lovely housework for me. It's nice to go home and have no laundry or supper to cook. AND- she primered my bathroom so now I can slap a coat of paint on it in no time. It's all taped off and everything. I will so be ready to have my bed back and a decent hour of retiring. She keeps late hours, that one and I like my sleep. I was glad she came because she got away from the worries she has everyday at home.
The storm we had last week- the inland hurricane they called it was exactly that. My trampoline was once more wrenched apart and bent perhaps for the last time( my brother manhandled it until it fit back together last time), my Red Spire ornamental pear was snapped off neatly at ground level- ~sob~ so no shade for the patio this summer, and my downspout guttering on the front of the house was blown off. Luckily, I had not roof damage as some of the surrounding houses did nor were my big trees downed like some were.

Lunch duty calls.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I hate to lose trees. We've lost most of the Bradford pears that line our street, but since they are on city easement, we got new ones. We lost a couple monster red maples at the old house in a tornado.

buy a mac. they last.

12:38 PM  
Blogger John said...

Well, since you don't have a computer at home, I'm not sure how soon you'll see this, but I'm sorry about your computer. They can be a pain in the butt sometimes. I agree with Anne about the Mac. Not from personal experience, but I think the next one I buy will be a mac.
But on the lighter side, aren't moms great?

4:00 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

I would have serious withdrawal without my computer at home. i suppose they expect you to work when you are at work. Glad your mom could make your life easier for a few days, and I'm sure you are both ready to back to your own routines.

6:50 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

What a great mom! Maybe your mother, bored, eases the frustration of your motherboard.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

one of the other blogs i look at, written inc just wrote about the pc/mac thing for his real job and links to it on his for-fun blog. he makes some interesting points about pc's and macs. his readers' comments are interesting too.

for what it's worth.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hear you, Anne. I would consider a Mac now if I had more money in my savings.

John, they most definitely are!

I am in the throes of withdrawal at the moment myself, Mom, but I am managing to get a lot more done at home at least.

AM, hehe.

I am looking for a monent at school to read that Anne, and thanks.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home