Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last day of school!-- hoorah! Words cannot express my joy. I need to make a trip to the liquor store...*hic*

No computer will be in use at my house for another few weeks on the inside. Got a lead on some work to do on it.

What a piece of news! The kid's dad invited me to his house for a Memorial Day bonfire/cookout along with several of our old and his current friends plus our children. Interesting....

I took on the job of starting the truck garden with the orchard guy. We have had so much rain earlier in the month we could get the plastic and irrigation laid. Last night we got it in and I planted 120 feet of tomatoes (lost count of how many) and 9 rows of sweet corn. The next few weeks I will be trying to get it all in plus my garden needs some stuff planted.
Im pretty excited since he is letting me treat it as my baby. He knows nothing about vegetable gardening. Could a person ask for more? All I have to do is try to make a profit.

I will look you all up when I have the chance at a computer. Til then, Toodles.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

wow, that's a lot of 'maters!

does your library have computers to use?

toodles!
hurry back, i'll miss you

8:52 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

it might help if i actually put together all my thoughts before i publish comments.

1. wow, you all are out of school early, we've got 3 1/2 more weeks.
2. good luck on the truck farm. I think you'll do great
3. will your new name be "farmy" instead?
4. go to the cook-out, have fun, blog about it later
5. check the library for computers to use

ok, NOW toodles.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, the library has computers to use but it's a time issue. I don't think they would look kindly to me bringing in my coffee at blur-thirty and reading my email. Heehee.
Ill be in contact some, just not everyday.
I will check on y'all.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Tomorrow is the last day for the wife and 1 kid.
School goes through the Summer for myself and homeschoolboy. We're going to have to have a break in there somewhere...or at least I'm going to have to have a break.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

Do you grow trucks in a truck garden?
Please send a few home-grown tomatoes to Maryland.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous S said...

Sounds like the truck garden is really cool! what fun! I hope you make a good profit.

Hmm..the BBQ. I hope that goes well and you all have a great weekend!
I will be spending time with my ex in the next couple of weeks too, with both the graduations coming up. We'll see how that goes!

8:50 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

enjoy your break from the internet. it does the body some good.

and i hope you went to the bonfire and had a good time!!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Congrats on the last day of school!!--I know how that feels. *smiles*

It does seem pretty early to be the last day of school--I guess you're just lucky there in your neck of the woods! :)

Congrats again and enjoy your non-internet time!! :)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home