Monday, April 27, 2009

So much stuff last week at school and at home. Coming and goings of my offspring and myself.
Sorry Anne about forgetting about the recommendations for replacement trees. I think you are pretty much in my growing zone- 6. And for those dogwoods- they can receive sunlight but I think they like a bit of shade. I have a lot of favs, btw.
Working on putting together an at-risk classroom with my co-worker. She is actually doing the work of scheduling and set up but Ive worked and troubleshot with her and visited other schools with these classes in place so I have a hand in it. It's taken a while to get a handle on what we are after.
We have what we can have in place and the next move is to implement next year and change what works on paper but doesn't actually work in reality. I just wonder what I should really get paid when I start this. Common lament among teachers.
E went to prom Saturday night but since my computer decided to be finicky about something, I haven't been on to upload them. Wait until you get a load!
I spent the weekend making up a seed and plant order for the orchard guy's truck farm he's starting. I also turned my garden over, mowed the backyard (should have had J do that before he left for Dad's), transplanted tomato and pepper seedlings (don't know if I can get them big enough to use in my garden in time) black-eyed Susan and garlic chive volunteers from my beds, planted white pine and tulip poplar seedlings as a windbreak on the north side of my house, retrieved my daughter and 3 friends from an hour and a half away after their Saturday band contest so they wouldn't come slugging in at 3 pm and have 2 and 1/2 hours to get ready for prom (could you imagine only having 2 and 1/2 hours to get ready?!) but shopped for clothes before I picked them up, transplanted houseplants and moved them outside to live, cleaned and washed, cooked and baked for the week.
Good Gosh! I sound like ANNE!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

you were way more busy than me. you win.

1:42 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

whew!
I transplanted my tomatoes into my first ever real garden too soon. Only the peas have survived so far. It doesn't help to have a heat wave in April. Damn global warming!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Wow. Between you and Anne I feel like a real slacker.

Would you please come and plant my garden? I'll give you wine. And pie. (bats lashes and looks really pleading)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate winning under these circumstances!

AM, that's a problem with almost every gardener. Impatience.
Hit the greenhouse again and pick up another round of tomato plants.

OOO, Lorraine! Ply me with drink and I am easily all yours..

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home