Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break Moments with Your Host, Greeny

I sit here and consider my Internet relationships and find it an amazing oddity. Nothing that other people haven't thought about before me. People weaving in and out of relationships with thoughts and words. Sharing and caring, fighting and bickering, arguing and joking about everything and nothing. People come and go, arriving with hoopla or in silence, leaving perhaps in the same manner. Sometimes a very real bond is formed among several or a few. Most times there is just a pleasing sense of a circle of friendlies that demand nothing from each other but the joy of expression and an interesting topic. Plenty of support to be found. Plenty of empathy, sympathy and humor. All in all a wonderful thing.
I think of you all as part of my life, part of my daily (or almost daily) routine to check up and check in with you all. I follow you, with silence mostly but never without thought.

Ive lost a reader in the past few months that still bothers me but not to the point of distraction. When I'm reminded occasionally, I wonder why I was so invested. Thinking about how invested I was ONLINE is way freaky. I think I might need to guard against letting that happen again.

Have you ever been involved too heavily for your own good online?

One more thing: Have you heard the robins squawking up a storm? That, my friends, means SPRING!

9 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

those little birds are chirping away since the wee hours of the morning. and that's okay. i'll take it cause you're right-spring has sprung!

as far as the internet goes and those who come and go...and my involvement-i've been blessed to meet some of the people who i've grown to know through blogs and such and it's been such a wonderful thing. i am blessed in the friends i have made online...

of course there are those i could do without-and they are the ones i check at the door now when i sign on....no need to bring drama to my virtual life when i got enough in my real one, y'know?

9:27 AM  
Blogger John said...

Yes, I have been involved more heavily than for my own good. Nuff Said.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The majority of the friendships I have made online have been good. I have made a few bad choices and been too involved in the past.

I think the bad choices were because of my real life situations and now? I am really careful. Really careful.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

I love robins and spring and the hope they seem to bring. My online friends have become part of my circle of friends. Kind of weird that I consider you a friend when we've never met, but so it is. I have not had a problem with too much involvement with my on line buddies. I do kind of miss some of those who have disappeared.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I'm listening to the birds chips and the sound of nail guns simutaniously because spring in California means new roofs.

I've gotten entirely too wrapped up in the net and let some not so nice people influence my life outside the laptop. Thank god I've grown up some. I did meet my husband on Match.com and hey I've met you--so there's definitely good that comes from this sometimes incredibly screwed up intraweb of weirdos.

I have had some people dissapear who I miss but a lot of them are still around. If you want to catch up with me more, I'm on face book. You know my whole name.

Take care,
M

1:39 PM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

I share your feelings about on-line relationships: for better or worse, bloggers we meet on line become part of our lives. When members of my "real" family visit, I often find myself telling them news of gardeners I've visited as part of my "virtual" family - in Canada, in Australie, in Britain, Spain...
It's not robins that are making noise in my yard these days. Instead, coyotes in the canyon are teaching their new kids how to howl and hunt at night.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Spring Break is still a couple weeks away for us. The robins have showed up but they don't stay long.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Yep, I get a little blog-obsessed sometimes...then I need to take a break from all-things-blog for at least a few days. It keeps things in perspective. :)

Happy Spring! :)

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I honestly am. But I still check up on you every now and then.

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home