Monday, February 02, 2009

All things are getting a close inspection today- my automobile and myself, neither of which is a picnic.
The automotive side of things does not look good. From a reliable source, the old ( and I use that term precisely) Intrepid is losing water and oil, the water being from a failing water pump and the oil from what they call "blowby" which does not refer to the speed with which I pass people but the worn out rings of the pistons allowing oil to vent out or some such nonsense as that. Unless there is intervention from above, I will be purchasing a new(er) vehicle. The water pump is a breeze but the oil prob- not so much.
Children are their charming selves. Did you detect any sarcasm there?
After a week off from school and I am saying it was a complete week OFF, there was much bellyaching at least from the boy. The girl has a mean cold and lost sleep last night. I bought a couple of cold aids today as well as Whiskey so maybe...Getting back into the work week will take a while but the sooner we get to it the sooner May will roll around.
My family in southeast Missouri is without power still but doing fine since my brother scrambled around and found generators for all of them. He truly is built handling catastrophes. It looks like a war zone over there. There are weekends of sawing and chipping coming up unfortunately made up of my mothers and brothers trees specifically those wonderful pecan trees, her apple, apricot and pear trees as well.
I took this week to clean my bedroom from top to bottom and to finish my plastering job on the walls of my bathroom. It is really easy and fun to plaster with drywall mud. I didn't even buy any special tools to use. Considering how pockmarked my walls are from wallpaper removal, I plan to plaster throughout the house.

6 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I will be on vacation soon--can't wait! But going back to work is just so hard, isn't it?? :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

The weather has not been kind in Missouri. Glad your family weathered the weather OK. Spring will come.

9:31 PM  
Blogger S said...

that is so sad about the trees:( but I suppose that's nature.

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon..was the whiskey for you? LOL

I am so ready for warmer weather.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I just solved my car problem. I bought my MIL's 1996 Eclipse. Yes, that's even older than my 1998 neon. Thing is, her's has been sitting in the garage forever. 13 years old and 43k miles!
I may even refrain from throwing apple cores on the floorboard!
Good luck with yours.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

a damp sponge over the drywall mud will save you from a lot of sanding when it's dry.

stay warm

10:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anne, that little hint is excellent.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home