Monday, January 12, 2009

Love is the ability to hold open the space in which something or someone is allowed to change.

Do you agree? This is a very powerful way of stating it. I just came across it in an article at http://www.wellfedneighbor.com/.

I spent a nice slow weekend with my kids. J was trying to finally get World of Warcraft downloaded on our apparently inept machine (surely it's the machine,not us) and E was piddling around in her room reorganizing and cleaning- good girl.

Three words- income tax season. By gosh, Im ready for it though! And with the refund I might buy a plane ticket to ...wait for it, wait for it...Maryland?

My car is running all right but needs some spiffing up in the ...everywhere. Radiator flush, transmission system flush, new struts and probably new shocks which in turn means an alignment. Tons of little stuff like replacement courtesy bulbs in the back seat and a good detailing.
Of course this isnt the month to do all that really for obvious reasons. However, being it's my only ride, it will be done. My mother chided me and told me to get it all done - in fact I should just let her help me buy a car and let her pay for it and then started talking trash about subtracting it off her estate when she is gone! I am not down with that convo for a lot of reasons. Makes me a lot uneasy.

Toodles


5 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

You're coming to see us! I can hardly wait.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I do like that line (Love is the ability to hold open the space in which something or someone is allowed to change).

It does seem to make sense, doesn't it? Everyone changes--true unconditional love allows it to happen peacefully.

8:23 PM  
Blogger nataS said...

I don't live in Maryland!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I haven't been to Maryland for years...so it's not me you're visiting.
Tax time...maybe I won't have such a big bill this year. I keep upping my withholding and they keep wanting more.
Reminds me to go buy turobtax.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mom, we'll see. I checked flights for July and couldnt believe how cheap they were. That might not be true by the time I make up my mind, however. Depends on my refund.
Miss HP, I have given real love little thought as far as figuring it out so things like this slap me up side the head hard when I actually consider what it means! Im not too deep, ya know...
nataS, I wouldn't mind some Texas heat right now.
Gnome, Turbotax and an willing ex husband preparer is the way to go. You might have problems covering that.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home