Wednesday, December 17, 2008

No school again today. We were out on Monday, tried but failed to stay any later than 11:30 yesterday because if glazing and today since it's iffy how much freezing drizzle we will get, school is called again.

My computer needs to go in the shop -TODAY! Overload on the one fan working from J's daily Fate onslaught has managed to wear it down. It also has some problem downloading Microsoft and HP auto updates which are piling up. No, I never invested in "Computers for Dummies".

I walked down to the post office yesterday to mail some packages and found myself $.60 short. The postmaster was cool and fronted me the shortage which he has been known to do. It does pay to live in a small town, you know?

I made some funny little magnets for Jack's locker from some magazine clipped ninjas. Do you know how easy it is to make personalized magnets?! And are ninjas as popular at your house as they are at mine?
I covered the top of a york mint tin with paper and Mod Podged it and then put the magnets inside to protect them. I'll just wrap up the tin.
We were all crafting yesterday after we got out of school. E is personalizing some tees for her close friends with fabric paint- maybe some pics later. I was working on some pen and inks and said magnets ( J is oblivious to whats going on in the same room) but as all my stuff was laying around J picked up some wire and started working on ideas for E and me. He worked on it while I averted my eyes. I have an idea of what mine looks like since he showed me E's when he finished it.

The winter moon has been shining into the window at the head of my bed. I've been dreaming strange dreams and waking up to find myself bathed in bright moon glow. It's kinda cool.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you are one crafty family!
waking up in the moonlight does sound cool

8:16 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I'm smiling at the picture of your family on a "snow day," working on crafty things. I'd love a snow day but I have too much work to do.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

We made it to the mountains for snow last weekend.
Da boys loved it.

That's enough though...back down in the valley now, where snow is unheard of.

12:15 PM  
Blogger John said...

Very cool.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

That does sound cool! :) It's been doing lots of icing and snowing here, as well.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home