Monday, November 24, 2008

It's pecan time! Need I say more?

I've been working on some craft items for the family for Christmas. I wish I could bang them out quickly but it takes me a long time to decide what direction I want to take. It has always been that way with most of my creative endeavors.

I am savoring Steinbeck's rich story "East of Eden". Everything about that story speaks to me.
Thankfully I have my own copy now.

My mother was visiting again this weekend. We shopped, we ate, we watched "Leatherheads".
This week we head there for Thanksgiving staying Wednesday through Sunday. Critical mass is about to be reached I think.

My son informed me last Friday night as we wheeled into our little town about 9:30 after having been to the great Metropolis that we should set our alarm clocks and get up at midnight and go for a drive. I said " Like a road trip?" to which he replied yes, if that meant a drive to anywhere just to get out of town and have a change of scenery and get crazy. I think I have a kid who needs a very strenuous sport or mental challenge to keep him from having that pent up energy that can get a kid in trouble. I recognized it immediately from my own youthful days/daze.

I really wish I could meet a guy who could give me a backrub every day. And by backrub, I mean a serious massage that involves me not having any dialogue, that he would not get tired and he knew what he was doing. I think I would be very happy with that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

If I meet that guy first I'm keeping him.
Your boy probably does not believe that you were ever a teenager.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a massage sounds like heaven! Hope you have a good time visiting on your Thanksgiving trip.
Are you making pecan pie??? that's my all time fave!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

My wife met a guy like that...but she burned him out by never reciprocating.

2:04 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Boyfriends get distracted and don't finish the job! You've got to pay if you want it that good - although if you are willing to compromise, you could be very happy!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you can find that man! Thankss for asking about my boy. He finally has his color back this evening.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't blame you, Mom. Nothing says loving like a massage.
Sometimes I hit my mark when I reveal I felt a certain way way back when and he can relate to it.

I have had a few real massages b pro and yes, it is Heaven on earth Manic.
Pecan pie is not on my list of things to make. I would send you a home made one though if it would make you happy.

Oh, Iamnot, you always say something that makes me realize Im not too bad off. This is where I say something inappropriate...nope, I won't.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Manicmanicurist, I meant to say Ive had a few massages by professionals.

AM, I am not looking for a boyfriend, just somebody I can order around that will do my bidding. I apparently have a fear of compromise so I guess Id better get out my checkbook.
I am not looking for him very hard- eh, diligently, Mathman. And glad the baby is better. Poor thing.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home