Saturday, October 25, 2008

Today is E's last field marching competition. I know they have worked hard but I am glad it's going to be over soon. I'm selfish that way. It is going to be a beautiful drive up toward St. Louis for the competition though.


My mommy is visiting this weekend. She is doing okay and we've had the chance to connect with our conversations. Her loneliness is weighing on her.

J is having a Halloween party next Friday. He decorated last night and there isn't a square inch in counter or table space in the house that is left bare. I'm feeling claustrophobic with the additional plants brought in from the cold.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I'm looking forward to lacrosse being over. I enjoy the games, but the practice schedule is too much after a while. So if you are selfish, you have company.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Greeny,

I'm glad you're spending time with family.
I hope you continue to update us about your journey through the grieving process. The only things I know about it is that the journey is different for each of us, and that it helps to talk about it.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Well, how did E's band do?

(Are you tired of seeing the same ?)

5:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So its ok? Good.
I'm not done yet with the band kids since tomorrow night is the Halloween dance the music department is putting on and we have a band-quet we are planning in a week or so.
As it so happens, this year's competition has yielded a second place trophy yesterday in their division, a top honor to the drum major in their division and a preliminary second place two weeks ago and top honors to the color guard last weekend. They just look so much better than 3 years ago and their work is paying of in ways they can see.

WS, I have a hard time sharing since it's requires letting go of my guarded feelings. I will in time, I suspect. Thanks for stopping by too!

Anne, I am not tired of E's performances, just the time and effort in getting to and from them plus everything in the middle- baking, packing, unpacking, packing and unpacking. And I've missed all this months Saturdays.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

I'm glad you can be with your mom. You two need each other.
still praying for you as go through a painful time. Enjoy the joy of your family.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a successful season! I know how time consuming marching season can be (2 years ago I worked with our band). Hope the weekend lived up to expectations.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home