Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Walking forward but looking backwards a lot lately. Not feeling badly except for the losses.
I think I am slowing down and its a scary thought. I can guard against it, I suppose. But is it a bad thing to look backwards as long as one doesn't wish for things to have been different?
In youth we tend to rush forward, waiting in anticipation for the next day, the next week, the next month and so on. There is always something to rush forward to. I know this is how I felt- time couldn't pass fast enough for me, unless it was kissing a certain Mark from my teenage years.
As one ages, time starts to roll fasting and we start to feel like it's out of control (an illusion that we had any control in the first place). It's different for everyone, I suppose.
Time goes so fast now for me, it's making me dizzy.

I think I'm not busy enough.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

...and then you die.

Happy Tuesday.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love that positive spin you put on it...Thanks for that.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

You sound way too busy to me.
I feel like I've just gone over the top of the roller coaster and now time is just hurtling by. I'm trying to just hold on and enjoy the ride.

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya. My husband and I moved back to our old college town in April. I love being here. Don't get me wrong. But seeing these kids bopping around on campus with so much ahead of them to be excited about makes me jealous at times. I don't know if you remember that blog I wrote nearly a year ago about how having things to look forward to seems to make time drag. I really think we need to carve out more to anticipate no matter what our age.

8:05 PM  
Blogger walk2write said...

You are so right about the illusion of control. Life for me lately feels a bit like the first time I got to snow-sled by myself, on a steep hill peppered with pine trees. I'm amazed that I can even remember that. It must have seemed pretty scary.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

W2W, maybe there is something to the old saying "Ignorance is bliss". There are a lot of things I wasn't in control of in my youth and I never knew. Having some wisdom now makes me shudder thinking about what I did back then.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home