Monday, September 15, 2008

Tagged by Mathman.
1. Where was I ten years ago?
Staying at home with J while E was in kindergarten. Lots of gardening and working in the yard, taking nature walks on the farm, and time spent not thinking about what was going wrong.


2. What was on my To Do list today?
Make it through the day at school, send a sympathy card to our video store owner who's husband died, make dinner, mow some lawn, read.


3. What would I do if I were a billionaire?
Find a beautiful place on a lake with woods and build a house big enough I could have my whole family visit and vacation there when they liked. I'd staff it with help, too so there was no work for anyone while visiting.
I'd do some giving, too.

4. Five places I've lived. Clarkton, Mo., Poplar Bluff, Mo., Springfield, Mo., Branson, Mo. , Seymour, Mo.


5. Bad habits -You've got to be kidding! Moi?!
Calling myself an idiot in front of my kids when I mess something up, eating all the chocolate in the house, even if it's not mine, drinking all the alcohol in the house, even if it's not mine, not focusing on whats being said by my kids sometimes and getting into trouble about it.


Thank you Mathman. Anyone care to add their two cents?

18 Comments:

Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I love your billionaire plan. I house in the woods on a lake are in my retirement dreams. Of course, staff is the kicker.

7:21 PM  
Blogger walk2write said...

If you find a place on Table Rock Lake to buy once you become a billionaire, would you adopt me? Or you could hire me as a gardener/distiller.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Are those bad habits?

8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, let's not forget the rest of the dream- a Lamborghini and vacationing on the Riviera.

Table Rock? It probably wouldn't be my first choice since it's not as pristine as I would like. Adoption? In my family, if you hang around enough, we take you in with no paper work.
Gardener/distiller? I can always use the help!

I thought so Mom...

5:26 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Give half to my spouse on the way out of the door?

Just an idea.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

When the local lottery was up to several hundred million I started looking at the on-line real estate listings for the big houses in the Caribbean. But the staff is the key to any of these dreams, right?

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have 2 cents. You can bet you'll never get near my chocolate!

I also love your billionaire plan.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't see that coming, Iamnot.

Staffing would be the icing on the cake. After yesterdays wonderful little pedicure, I could use some on site nail techs and and a few masseurs.

Chocolate is never safe near me.

11:45 AM  
Blogger nataS said...

Greetings...

2:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Natas! You're still alive!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

"Find a beautiful place on a lake with woods and build a house big enough I could have my whole family visit and vacation there when they liked"...

Ahh....sounds really nice! :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am still working on my to do list from 2 days ago. Um thats why I am late. Glad you played along.

9:06 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

i love your number 3.

very cool...would be nice huh?

never been out of mo before??? ever??? girl you need to get out more. lol!

if you drank all the alcohol then ate all the chocci, well, that makes total sense. it's like a given, ya know? i'da done the same.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Miss Healthypants- I know, right?!

Never a problem, Mathman.

I've never needed to go anywhere else, Kimmy. I have BEEN out of state many time, even out of the country. After being raised in southeast MO, I found a whole different world in southwest MO.
The operative word is ALL!

8:05 AM  
Blogger MarkEC said...

A billion dollars? I would buy a lot of really nice Christmas gifts this year, work part-time, or maybe start my own business? Do something good for my community? Or vacation on the Riviera and drive my Lamborghini! :-)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Dude! I thought I knew you. But now that you've confessed you tend to eat all the chocolate and drink all the booze, I realize you're a real kindred spirit. Save some for me.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are thinking right, Markec.

WS, I can't guarantee anything!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I don't have any bad habits either. And when I come to visit at your billionaire house I'll bring alcohol for a hostess gift and that way when you drink it all it will be ok because it was yours already.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home