Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Salsa making among other kitchen activities last night.
I pick my cucumbers a few at a time like my green beans since I didn't sew a huge amount this year. I had to clean out my vegetable bin since it had several weeks worth of veggies.
Of the freshly picked green beans, I blanched some, cooled them well and added Italian vinaigrette to them and popped them in the fridge. Good salad additions or a nice little snack..

I punted on my salsa recipe. I didn't feel like measuring (uh-oh!) (Did it have anything to do with the wine?) so I spiced it up the way I thought it should be. I did grill some of the sweet peppers since I have read recipes that added smoked peppers. Since my jalapeno peppers are doing poorly I didn't have as many of the hot peppers to add so I added a few squirts of Sriracha hot sauce. I did a taste test before I put it in the jars to can and it was SPICY but de-lish! Good thing the kids like it spicy.












I listened to the wonderful music I never get a chance to listen to without being interrupted. I hate interruption, by the way.
I think Al Green should have been a marriage counselor given what he promotes in his songs.
"you be good to me, I'll be good to you- we'll see each other walk away with victory" and love, love, love. Simplistic, I know but still.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I used to enjoy days by myself like that...cooking, drinking wine, listenting to music.
Looks great to me.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those days are really priceless. I am thankful i get some weekends to myself as well. That is really a re-charge but i do cringe when i hear the kids drive up. I am such a bad mom.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

People like to say salsa... salsa salsa.... I know I do.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mathman, have you had anything to drink or are you watching seinfeld reruns?

5:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Greeny,

The truth of the matter is I have a lot of the Seinfeld lines stuck in my head but I was drinking last night.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mathman, I thought so...lucky you.
You are pretty honest, you know that?

6:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I suppose I am but I am working on that because sometimes in order to remain honest I just would not say anything. I am doing better now.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home