Saturday, July 19, 2008

Whoa! You know that little blogroll on the page you sign into on Blogger? It has a rolling listing of updated blogs. I just got an eyeful of nudity when I chose a harmless sounding blog to click on. Blah! I thought admin didn't allow stuff like that? Or am I being naive? This is the way I found Iamnot and Lorraine. It seemed so harmless.

Anyway...

Things are dry here. Time to water. Veggies are doing great. I harvested some whopper carrots that look like they are on steroids. I do believe they will be cooked rather than eaten fresh. I should have picked them 2 weeks ago. Tomatoes and green beans are coming off. Squash has that damn worm that burrows into the stem and kills the thing. I even sprayed for those and it still got my mound of zucchinis..sniff. I saw one cucumber ready to pick yesterday.
Sweet corn and cantaloupe is in the fridge from my parent's area. Yum.

I must have had some hidden caffeine sometimes last night because I couldn't go to sleep and then I wake up at 4:55 this morning. What the heck?! I guess it will aid in getting to the blueberry patch early. Last call for blueberries this weekend here.

9 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

my tomatoes are the size of puny cherries and something keeps eating the tops off the plants, so I'm still buying from the farmer's market. Blah!

2:57 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

sounds delicious!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Nudity? Where?

9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have those squash borers, too. I have not been able to do anything about them for three seasons. I did get one zucchini and 3 small butternut squash.

11:58 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

i love fresh veggies and fruits.

i hit up the farmers market here on the way home today-way cheaper and way better.

i wish we had blueberries here though. yum!

6:34 PM  
Blogger John said...

I remember going to my grandfathers cabin in Northwestern Arkansas and picking blueberries while we were there. Everyone got chiggers except me. It's been a long time since I had a blueberry outside of a muffin or an ice cream shake. But they're so hard to suck up the straw.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Sounds like some good eating o me.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Hi,
You woke up early because you're a gardener and you have a secret sense when the garden needs you. It's like a super power, and that means you can only use it for good - like to pick fresh veggies.
Your harvest sounds like you're keeping busy despite the early hours and the dry weather.

2:36 PM  
Blogger walk2write said...

Do you have any tips for a novice winemaker (just got a kit, haven't tried anything yet) about making blueberry wine? This next week is the last week to get some fresh in our part of Illinois.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home