Sunday, July 13, 2008


one of many evening raft excursions







monkey boys we sighted in Indiana





a big wave to the south at this point






visiting U of M Mathhaei Botanical Gardens and Arboretum in Ann Arbor - it was very delightful







the perennial gardens - my appetite was whetted for different layouts at my house after this visit





Australian Tree fern in the arboretum








everything was so gorgeous





one of my favs- delphiniums





the traditional herb garden was lovely and the kids learned a bit about why and how they are laid out in such a fashion





I'd like to work in metal craft after seeing this beautiful gate to the annual garden








10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the pictures and you and the family look like you are enjoying the time away.

12:00 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

aww great pics!
and that fence is cool as heck.

those crafty people amaze me.

and yeah totally get whatcha mean, when you go to those places you're all "i can do that!" but sadly, in my house-those gardens never quit look like the hot mess i have growing. weeds.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh catching up and the photos are gorgeous. Glad you had a good time.

8:41 AM  
Blogger MarkEC said...

Looks like a lovely trip! I love being by the water at sunset. :-)

Welcome home!

1:50 PM  
Blogger MarkEC said...

Looks like a lovely trip! I love being by the water at sunset. :-)

Welcome home!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

What's say we take some gin and tonics out into the garden before dinner? That's what those photos made me think of...genteel country estates and g&ts...and then I started picturing Colin Firth in linen trousers strolling across the green and I got distracted.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mathman, we really did enjoy ourselves!

"Hot mess"- Kimmy you crack me up.

I know you've been busy, Sandi.

Markec, that was a lovely bonus I didn't get tired of.

Lorraine, you also crack me up. G and T's- yes, and yes to Collin Firth and linen trousers. I need distraction as well..

6:26 AM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Thanks for the pics!
If anyone I know could make something beautiful with a blow torch, I would bet you could, Greeny!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Have you ever heard that Carly Simon song, "Boys In the Trees?

8:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Carly Simon but can't remember that song. I'll look it up.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home