Saturday, July 12, 2008

It seems like I was gone for a month and my lawn and garden looks it too.
We got bukoos of rain and summer has officially set in with humidity at practically 100%.
About the trip- it was very good for us all. E and J were very pleased my sister and her family went so that gave them both someone to hang with-specifically their cousin, C. They enjoyed the water a lot more this time with the waverunner and paddle boat pontoon- a very nifty craft. Tons of fishing among the older set and yes, the worms came in handy although I would say Michigan fish need something a bit more substantial than a Missouri worm. They caught fish, just not the big ones.
There were leisurely pontoon trips with anchoring and swimming. This lake seriously rocks. And the weather, save the trip in which dumped water at a Noah's flood rate on me while driving, was mild, dry and 60's/70's. Aaaahhh.
There were a ton of folks there and my uncle actually had 13 people in the house although E and I bunked next door at friends.
All in all a lovely time.

Now reality sets in. Automotive repairs in the hundreds which is to be expected since rarely is there repairs for less than $100 at least for my car.
Fighting the raging gnat infestation which is typical this time of year with produce in the house. My kids are icked out but then it doesn't take much. It's the same when it's ant season. Thankfully we don't have to fight any other insect infestation.
And now that I've read Kimmy's post about "Children of the Corn" (sorry Kimmy, I am not bright enough today to link it) I am determined to make my kids get off the computer and iPod and outside. I'm not going to win their hearts with it but I'm prepared.

I'll post pictures when I figure out where the camera is- somewhere in E's room.

A post- 4th of July party at my friend's house tonight with a live band- should be interesting. I think most of the county is invited and more than half show up.
Come back and see me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had a relaxing and enjoyable trip. Looking forward to hearing more.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Vinegar.

When I get fruitflies around the produce I set out a jar of cider vinegar with a small opening at the top like a sugar jar or vinegar cruet. The little buggers climb in and can't get out and drown.

Please don't use it on your salad after that.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home