Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blather Otherwise Known as Greeny's Comment on Human Psychology


Something made me laugh this morning as I went for a walk.
I was giving it a fast pace with my mp3 cranking some tuneage (uh-oh, I just sounded dreadfully aged with that phrase) when I started up a street that normally had loose doggage roaming. Sure enough, a dog spied me and away it ran through some back yards, its tail between it's legs like I had thrown a rock at it. I walked on in my normal figure eight fashion through those back streets. I come around another corner and lo and behold, there is the SAME dog, strutting around in the street near apparently HIS house, fur on his back standing up, snarling at me, menacing me with his proximity to my ankles (crap, I hate that). I did laugh out loud at that point.
Just like the dog, people have similar habits.
Take them out of their own territory or safe zone and they are ill-at-ease.
While they are in their own hood, they can be overly protective among other things...

10 Comments:

Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Not me. I bite everyone I see, anywhere I see them.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry , Iamnot, but somehow I doubt this very seriously.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Ok...it's more like hugs with the occasional nibble.
Geeze, how's a guy s'posed to get a tough rep around here?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Iamnot, how can you possibly get a tough rep with "flower friday" anyway?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope that dog did not look like the one in your photo. But for me dogs and little kids think I am a push over. Don't them I used to carry around our 60lb lab years ago.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If kids think you're a push over how do you manage your classroom full of High schoolers Mathman?
Did you carry the lab around for protection or because he didn't want to have to walk?
Kimmy, there you go. That's sort of what I was saying. I was actually thinking of my friend"s husband and many other turn fearful away from their own turf but testosteroney back on it...

7:18 AM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

scary dog!
I guess we all have a mix of alpha dog and beta dog in us.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well put, AM.
Are you back online yet?

1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Greeny good question. I was thinking about really little kids not the kids that act little in my class. But the answer is - sometimes you're right about the classroom management.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, we all in every facet of life hae moments when we aren't up on our management game, Mathman.
I would like to be the kind of teacher that would frighten the kids quiet when I give a look or have a change they detected in my demeaner. Yelling doesn't EVER work I have found but knowing that didn't stop me from trying it a time or 10...

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home