Sunday, June 29, 2008

Someone Said...

"When it comes to emotions, intensity can't be sustained"-

With regards to love relationships, trusting (or fearing) the swell of emotion will pass. I can apply this to all of mine (saving gory details). It's sister phrase- "Nothing lasts forever". That one has a bitter note to it when included, although it's a realistic bitter note....
The really horrid parts, the really fabulous parts and all the tilting to and fro in between- it is never constant. You may visit some parts more often that others but the pendulum will always keep swinging.
So hang in there if you're dealing with something nasty and remember to revel in the really exquisite.


And that, my dears, is my reminder for the day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, it was aimed at anyone that could use it, Simon. I found it a powerful reminder to myself and just wanted to share it.
How are you?

5:24 AM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Wonderful words to ponder! It sometimes seems to me that the longer I live, the more exquisitely I am able to describe the negative, the empty places. It's pretty hard to eff the ineffable. Thanks for the reminder. For me, it means I should stop looking at the ugly stuff and continue my search for the sublimely beautiful.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll will keep your thoughts in mind.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home