Monday, June 09, 2008

THE Movie (and other tidbits)

Juno....
Loved it, love it, loved it.


Lots of stuff rolling around in my tiny brain but nothing is jelling.

I would have thought with as much heat is being generated outta my body every 30 minutes or so, I would have easily dropped 5 pounds. Damn hot flashes.
I was in the local liquor store one evening of late and was surprised and delighted to have a kindergardener and a second grader come in with their respective parents and identify me as "my teacher". Lovely.
Yes, one would assume that kind of thing would/could/will happen even if one was not even a regular customer. I guess that stress kick-started one mother of an "episode". I stood there waiting in line, sweat pouring off me in what we shall say was quite sexy- screech! NOT! I whipped out my folding fan and amongst all the scruffy male customers waiting with their 100 pack of Twanger Mountain Brew or whatever is 100 for $5, I fanned myself and did some mental cooling down. Good grief. Smile, smile, eyes downcast or very interested in the Uncle Buck calendar on the wall and all the smoking paraphernalia. Try to look nonchalant and comfortable...Blah! Then finally on my way out, a guy I know was coming in, stopped me, started a conversation with me holding a 12 pack and a bottle of merlot in the parking lot as all the traffic was going by, most of which was alumni heading to the school banquet just down the way. I felt a bit obvious to say the least. Yeah, I'm vain that way, thinking everybody is noticing me. (Mental notes taken- AAAh, Ms. R and exactly one 12 pack of devil's beer and one bottle of Lucifer's drink. Make sure to pass a communique addressing this at the next school board meeting.)
Finally to the car! Thank God for the menopause setting on the A/C.

My mom's beautiful, wonderful Siamese cat got run over by my brother of all people! She was so sad. Wiley was a bunch of company for her and such a good pet. I managed to find him for her right after before my dad was gone.
But...She now has a new little guy whom I've yet to see. He is extra small from a small mama and still fairly young. Back through all the shots and spaying procedures.

Ok, kids are gone. House is quiet and my list is made. Off to work.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

L won't shop within 10 miles of her school....

Great post.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

My mom, the church lady, once drove 20 miles to the next town to buy a bottle of brandy for fruit cake. She literally ran into the wife of the preacher coming into the store as she was leaving. May as well shop close to home.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Imanot. It was heartfelt...

Mom, I like that kind of cosmic payoff. Oh, wait. Was it a liquor store she was in?

11:12 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I used to be a teacher, and I was always horrified when I saw my students out in public--especially if I was carrying a 12-pack of Bud Light (which happened more often than I care to admit! :) )

Oh, and I LOVED "Juno," as well. I thought it was really well done! Great writing and great characters.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home