Friday, June 13, 2008

Into the Weekend

Today is the day I spend cleaning the house and otherwise tidying up the messes and remnants of "Mom Gone Wild" week. It really might take a while and I'm not joshin or bragging...I don't want to give my little science projects any ammo to use against me.
On the "good mother" side of things, I'm baking bread and oatmeal cookies and plan on having a better meal than apparently the Sunday sendoff meatloaf and baked potato meal I thought was sure to be a hit- it wasn't. Yes, I ate meatloaf all week. I love meatloaf. I make a damn good meatloaf too.
This is the last time, for at least a while that I worry about what I'm fixing to eat. They can suffer in silence and it WILL BE SILENT!
And on the subject of time alone, I will say I plan to do a lot more mindless thinking and less "deep" thinking since neither produce anything too grand and it's a lot easier for me to go with the mindless. Plus you all don't have to scratch your heads and say "huh?"

Do I use quotation marks a bit too often? Anyone? Anyone?

I tried out grilling a pizza on my gas grill the other day. I had pretty good results and know some things I'll do differently next time. I would like to buy a small charcoal grill but haven't put it on my list. I think the results would be more to my liking with charcoal and I could put it right on the grill or use my pizza stone. Anyone have some suggestions through their own experiences?
I used sauce, shallots, Parmesan, and sun dried tomatoes with a good crust mix.

I watched a touching movie (and you know I don't like heartfelt)- "Into the Wild" this week. I can't even explain how good it was from a personal and entertainment point of view! I recommend it but only with no interruptions or children.
Don't stay away this weekend, folks. I need mental support from this moment on to forge ahead. Your presence is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

If I cook it, they love it...or hate it in silence and go hungry till the next meal.
I make an honest effort at cooking things they will like, but about every 4th meal or so, someone will "hate" what they used to love.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Also...I'll try to check in on you over the weekend.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I think I've covered this subject matter before and remember you saying that's the way you roll in your house.

Hehe. The manipulation worked....

4:54 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

"But, Mom!"
It is no fun to suffer in silence. I want everyone to suffer with me.

I watched Into the Wild and did not like it. Seemed like a spoiled rich kid who killed himself because he didn't get his way. I was just turned off by it.

7:01 PM  
Blogger nataS said...

Hey, did you reed the book? Into the Wild?

9:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mom, I have always said you really know what you're talking about...
About the movie- I can see where you have that view of the story. It just resonated differently for me.
There were parts when the sister was narrating about the brother's journey away that I was thinking "surely he will get in touch with the family at this point" because putting myself in his position, I couldn't have NOT. I did feel at that point he was intentionally mean.
nataS, I haven't read the book. I wonder if it can be read with any enjoyment now that I've seen the movie.
Good to see you here.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home