Sunday, June 15, 2008

Did I ever post the recipe for my Cow Pasture Cookies? You know, the no-bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies? I didn't think so.

Greeny's Cow Pasture Cookies
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 cups sugar

Add these together in large heavy saucepan, mixing as heating on medium high heat. Bring to good boil and remove from heat.

Add:
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
Add vanilla and peanut butter, mixing quickly.

Add: 3 scant cups quick oatmeal and if desired, 1/2 cup coconut. Mix quickly and spoon out on waxed paper by tablespoonfuls. Or spoon directly in mouth if it's been a bad day but use caution- cookie can resemble fresh lava.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

I just call them No-Bake Cookies. I burned my mouth more than once on them.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They actually are "Quick Oatmeal Cookies" on the recipe card but I always have to put my stamp of silliness on things....

8:21 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

how did i miss this post?

thanks, i'll write this down

3:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too busy with all those car repairs...

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home