Thursday, May 08, 2008



Last night as I pulled down the covers of my bed, I found a ladybug nestled among my jammies.

Things may be looking up.....

One by one my large house plants have been making their way outside. I feel less claustrophobic with them gone plus they are all in need of some washing down which should be no problem since it really has never stopped raining here.

My garden is still empty except for the Conservation shrubs and tree seedlings I heeled in at least a month ago -at least empty of intended planting. I have some volunteer cilantro which I will take and some lillies and a garlic chive plant that just won't quit. I also let the straw from my tomatoes sprout wheat and it's grown to more than waist high. I guess it's time to cut it and use as a green mulch.

My raised bed is doing well with it's small rows of White Icicle radishes (spi-cy!), carrots, onions and shallots. That and my whiskey barrel are doing fine with the rain.

More later....

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh that sounds heavenly. I wish I had a garden.. pout pout. However... it isn't warm enough here yet!
I will have to do some stuff in pots on the deck.
Oh and btw? your daughter is just beautiful! She looked lovely!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

We planted container tomatoes, strawberries and basil last weekend.
Hopfully, keeping the tomatoes in the shade of the back porch will help them survive the summer heat.
If I can only keep the boys from over-watering.

10:21 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

i wish i had a green thumb.

i've been looking forward to shoving all my houseplants outdoors for some fresh air and water. soon!

ladybugs are good luck...maybe you'll win the lottery!

5:58 PM  
Blogger John said...

Bugs in your jammies is good luck?!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Manicurist, pots on the patio are surely easy! Go for it.
And thanks for the compliments.

Over watering in the desert?

Hadn't thought about $ luck. I would think Id have luck with money if I had a ladybug in my purse, though....

Come'on, John! Don't make me spell it out for you!
Lady bugs= good luck
jammies/bed+good luck = ?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

i still need to get my butt in gear about a so-called garden this year. I'm jealous of yours!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh the ladybugs. When we first moved here we had hundreds of ladybugs in our bathroom. Different.

Nice to hear your gardening moving along.

Tonight, I planted a few of my seedlings.

8:22 PM  
Blogger kate smudges said...

Yes, yes, finding a ladybug means good fortune will come your way. (oops, I just made that up .. but I think it's a good sign).

I am envious since you are taking your plants outside. Mine are swamping me inside as they are growing, but we've a stretch of frost coming up this weekend.

I'm glad you are getting some gardening done.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home