Monday, April 21, 2008

A Smattering



J wore this big Band-aid patch over his eye today to school since the antibiotics made his eye very light sensitive and blood-red. His classmates in first hour submitted drawings of eyes they would draw on and his choice was this handsome blinker.



This was my first salad of the year. Some corn salad better known as lamb's lettuce or mache and at the other end of this little raised bed was beets I could thin by picking the baby shoots.




Then over to my whiskey barrel for some spinach, leaf lettuce and a little green onion. This tasted so good and fresh.









These are the packages I haven't planted yet. I really wish I could stop myself.



5 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

You're addicted. This is your intervention... step away from the seed packets. You're in a safe place with people who care about you. When you're in the world of baby shoots and legumes you're not the Greeny we all know and love... its tearing us apart!

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Tell him to quit staring at me!

As to your problem...a baby lettuce addiction is a serious matter...but I've seen worse.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Besides chocolate and coffee, it's my only other addiction- the seed buying. I just can't stop. I even took some items off my seed list. It's actually a little late to start the tomato seeds now. They will probably go into the freezer in hopes for next year and a free standing heated greenhouse I can start them in in March. But the rest of the stuff is wanting a home.
It's good to have my peeps showing concern in an out-of-control part of my life.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Ien in the Kootenays said...

So? Sounds like a good addiction to me! Merry meet, any person who loves Terry Pratchett and goes nuts over seeds is one I'd like to get to know better.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home