Sunday, April 06, 2008

Much Ado About E

It sure has been an action-packed couple of weeks for E.

Last weekend while my mother was here, we attended the talent show in which E played. Here she is. I thought she did a pretty good job given how nervous she was.
Nah, I didn't take photos of the other participants. I'm funny that way...





This past Saturday, E was in the drama class play "Flyin' ". Pretty much about teenage angst about the hierarchy or caste system in place in school- you know the drill...all about the dweebs, the heads, geeks, jocks, preps-(They all love him. They think he's a righteous dude) and their interaction or non-interaction which each other and why. Interesting and of, course I'm gonna say it- pretty good, to see these kids try to pull off real drama.

E was a bulimic whose only interest was fitting in with the Socs and she does a darned good job with the needy, desperate girl looking for acceptance. I have to talk to her about that...















Some of the cast...









At the end...it was a freakin' hour and a half long. I'm going to suggest the drama deparment make some money by renting out school seat cushions.









12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome..looks like you have a great girl there :)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

I wish I had E's nerve and courage... to perform on her own on stage with a guitar... she's a better person than me. You must be very proud.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Way to go E!
You've got to be proud.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

WTG! I'm very impressed. As a person who has performed on stage for years I can tell you it's not for everyone.

I bet you're proud mama.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Nice post! It's nice to see a post about your "other" life, that is, what else you do besides garden.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

E is a beautiful girl. She looks a lot like her mom.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel like all I post about is E and sometimes J.! I gush from pride often but I do try to keep some of it to myself. I don't want to be living vicariously thru my kids.
Thanks for not gagging when you all read.

5:54 PM  
Blogger kate smudges said...

It takes courage to be in front of an audience alone like E. is. No wonder you are a proud maman!

6:47 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

We all understand how proud you are. No apologies necessary.

It's cool to see a high school try real, low budget drama, rather than flashy musicals.

9:04 PM  
Blogger MarkEC said...

Your daughter is impressive in her courage and talents! Nice that our kids give us these wonderful moments and blogging material.. I think I have been guilty of gushing myself! ;-) Oh, and no gagging here.. I enjoy reading about you and your family's adventures.

10:51 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

yeah for E playing on stage!!!

'atta girl! work the crowd.

yeah, and uh those 2 hour plays etc....sooo killer on the tooshie. abbie said she wanted to be in the musical this spring-omg, i panicked. LOL.

She changed her mind....I quietly rejoiced. LOL!

7:08 PM  
Blogger John said...

It's okay to live vicariously, I can't believe I spelled that right on the first try, through your kids. I live vicariously through a 24 year old guy at work. That's probably why I'm so wore out on Monday's.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home