Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mathman Meme

Reveal..again. I know, I know, don't groan and gripe.

#1 I've had a lap dance bought for me once. Yikes!!

#2 One of the loveliest sights to me is a fern growing in the shady, deep forest.

#3 I hate to talk on the phone and avoid it if I can. I only talk to my mom or maybe bro or sis longer than 10 or 15 minutes. With anyone else I consider it talking under duress.

#4 My first name is Elizabeth which was my dad's grandmother's name. Both my nieces and my grandniece have my first name as their middle names. My sister was mad. She thought the name Deborah should have been used at least once. My middle name is Ann. My mom got to name me instead of my dad who named the first two and she entered it on the birth certificate before my dad got back to the hospital. (Hehe)

#5 When I was in 6th grade, I asked for a feather duster and an orange caution flag for my bike for my birthday. You know, the flags that are on a tall pole that attaches to bikes on the back wheel? Like all the geeks had/have? Yeah, I was thinking how cool I looked with that 6 foot tall flag warning people "Geek Alert"! as I buzzed down the street. And a chore of mine was to dust so I thought I would be cooler if I could use a feather duster. I was wrong. I just had to dust more often.

#6 I played alto sax in band. I was one of 6 sixth graders allowed to play in the high school band which consisted of 7th thru 12th grades. The band was unusually small that year so we helped flesh it out especially for parades. As I recall, we were even allowed to play. It wasn't the best experience in my life.

Ok, mathman. It was not as earth-shaking as you might have expected and certainly not that interesting but perhaps I've revealed enough to give you something to joke about at your next party...
Thank you for thinking of me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

I didn't know you hated talking on the phone - you'd never know it (hint hint)

1:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's why it's called a REVEAL...
And hint all you want to! I'm not a phoney!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

you wanted a feather duster for your bike?

2:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hehe, Anne.
Wait, did it really sound like that?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You had me at the lap dance. Who knew it could get better. I admit that I miss the ferns from our old smallish yard in Des Plaines, IL. Did you bike with the flag have a banana seat, too?

6:13 PM  
Blogger kate smudges said...

Your mum was smart - I like the way she named you what she wanted! I'd love to hear the story behind the lap dance.

An orange flag and a feather duster for presents - that is funny!

Eleanor Roosevelt's quote is hilarious.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home