Friday, April 18, 2008

The Coming Season

Well, not the one we are waiting patiently on (not patient at all, Spring) but the one that I turn into a lizard during. Yeah, Summer. OOoo, I can't wait to tempt fate and skin cancer by lying on my chaise soaking up that sun. It is almost as good as a hot tub soak. Add a tall cold glass of...something tall and cold and maybe a book- I'm set. Guess I'm getting old but warm weather is my friend.
Once upon a time, cold weather was useful to cool my fevered brow of youth.
But now it just makes me burrow into down comforters and sleep like a mammal. And lets face it- hibernating animals are not that attractive.

And there are activities and possible trips planned that excite me this Summer. Michigan for sure and Maryland most likely. Maybe others to think about.

I need more traveling in my life. It always shakes me up and reminds me of what a small, insular world I live in and what a huge world there is out there. Similarities and differences, some subtle, some knock -me- in -the- head obvious. I find myself soaking up as much as I can of the views, the people, the architecture, the flora until I can't store any more at which point I take a nap.
And I like off the beaten path. I don't like herd mentality. I don't want to join a bunch of people tracking around like bovines with Nikons.
More on this later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I used to love to travel.
I used to love to cook.
I used to love to love.

Pretty much all seems a chore now.
Mostly, I'd love to have nothing I HAD to do...for a very long time.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Words of a man running on empty.

Here's wishing you a recharge.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Travel is a wonderful thing. Maryland! We can hardly wait!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This week has provided me with a new perspective and summer sure fits in.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home