Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Only For Kimmyk





Kimmyk (http://www.ihavenonameforthis.blogspot.com/) needed me to keep my promise so she could have a real laugh.

My promise was to post my prom pictures from 1980 and 1981. She was kind enough to treat us to hers so I will return the favor.

Obviously, I need some direction for scanning to a computer but whatever. Just overlook the tech problems and settle on the hair problems I inevitably have encountered my WHOLE LIFE beginning with these years. Then you can move on to the boy/man problems from there. The dresses? - not so much.

First pic- junior year. Five words were spoke the entire evening and that was him telling me about the hit he took on the football field during a game that made his kidney bleed......Ack! (Guess there were more than five words)

Second pic- Senior year. An actual friendly acquaintance but younger and his prom. At a town from which I had bunches of friends in common, who accompanied us to eat and then to the shindig. Not a horrible evening.







Before you leave, please sign my keepsake guest book from this eve. You all had those at prom, didn't you?


Anyone feeling like playing along by posting your own prom pics?

10 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

i love your pictures!!!!!

your first prom picture..what the hell was the theme?

"i never promised you a rose garden"
ha!!!

yeah and your date? thrilled to be there.

i totally love that wicker chair in the second photo. i had one of those-hard to sit upright in, but it was cool. soooo 1980's!!!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

Sorry, I never went to a prom, so no dance pictures. dancing was a very questionable activity in the house where i grew up.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Cute!

I never went to the prom either. Dancing is questionable whenever I'm around.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Yikes! Were we every that young? And were those dress and hair styles really actually in style? I'm reassured to think that kids who came of age in the big-hair and big shoulder-pad 80's will look more bizarre than hip

2:30 PM  
Blogger John said...

As most of your previous admirers have stated, I also did not attend my prom. Mostly because the girls weren't interested in me. Women don't like "beefy" until they reach their later years. Maybe I should have taken the lady next door. Probably not. Couldn't fit her wheelchair in my mom's car.

4:05 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I wonder where that picture is...
Could that have been a Gunny Sax dress? So beautiful!

If you double click on each picture, you can get the good close up. I love the swing photo!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know, I think I got my years wrong. I know we were not rolling in money but that is the same damn dress and I believe I had more than one dress....
Heehee, I crack myself up sometimes with the stuff I don't notice...or remember.

Heheheeee to all the comments.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

We dont have Prom over here (thank the Lord) so there's no pics of me along any sort of similar lines. Besides, I dont 'do' photo's... the only recent pictures of me are my wedding photo's from 10 years ago. Any time I see a camera I run a mile.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Okay, I'll play.

Only it won't be my prom pic-- my prom was my wedding.... got married the year I would've been at prom LOL! Couldn't afford 2 dresses....

Lemme go see if I can find a pic.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Yolinna! No practical jokes, either, please....

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home