Saturday, March 15, 2008

Whoa, DUDE! I just spent a half hour reading some of my old posts and man, was I happier then or what? Saying things like "CHEERS" at the end of a post and "find your enjoyment where you can" and crap like that.
Hehe. I am happy, just worried a lot and my expectations are maybe a wee too high for my own good. Wouldn't it be so wonderful if we could limit our worry when we really needed to? I mean without having to consume pleasing amounts of alcohol?
Wow, really the only worry I continually deal with is my children. I know you all do too. I do feel alone in this although I think their dad is doing a bang-up job stepping up. I wasn't sure about him a while back. And I feel certain if I needed more than I ask from him he would be there as would his parents who love the crud outta these kids. They actually tolerate me pretty well too so that's a plus.
I will, on my honor, be more upbeat and positive in the coming months. I know I was going to look into the spirituality of our/my existence back at the beginning of the new year. I should really do more of that.
And it's easier now that Spring is coming. Maybe I should look into going into suspended animation- you know- the freezing process- during winter and come out of it sometime in Spring. Make sure I get froze be-for Christmas, k? What a load off that would be, eh?

Note to self: Stop watching downer movies like "Pan's Labyrinth" and maybe that sad, cynical mood would dissipate.
Cheers!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't look at old posts often, but when I do, it's intersting to read how I was feeling and realize that time moves on no matter what. :)

8:04 AM  
Blogger MarkEC said...

I know folks who have seasonal affective disorder that is often treated with a bright light during the dark days of winter. Suspended animation might work, but that freezing/thawing thing sounds uncomfortable. ;-) Oh, and the downer movies... there are a lot of those out there!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I just read all my old posts to enjoy how brilliant I am.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think worry is ok. I also find that sometimes my blog posts are just a place to vent.

I hope you can remain upbeat, I am doing the same. Every day I get closer to my goal.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I HATED that movie! And no one told me it would be a bummer so I was doubly shocked. Try Across the Universe... still a bit of a bummer but at least the music is great!

Eckhart Tolle said last night, "Worry just pretends to be necessary-- when you worry, step out of the worry and ask yourself "what can I DO?" because that's the only real purpose of worry." I think he said it much more eloquently than that but..there it is.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home