Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Quickie

Spent yesterday at home due to tremendous head pressure, sneezing and all the bad stuff associated with those maladies. This morning I feel much better, thanks. No need to call the paramedics.



Tonight my mother will be arriving and J is presenting his nation, the Philippines, at The Night of the Nations along with the other 25 kids in the gifted program. All the kids do a PowerPoint presentation, prepare a tri-fold board with info on their country and serve a regional food. J researched Filipino and let's just say we choose something American instead. No-Bake chocolate cookies are now- TA-DA! "Mt Pinatubo Cookies". Pics later.

I went to speak with the guy that purchased the local apple/peach orchard . He called asking me to talk about some of the projects he was starting, namely building a restaurant inside the apple packing house, starting a truck garden and about the orchard and vineyard. He told me about the amazing lack of respectable, earnest workers he has experienced with relation to this undertaking.
We discussed the possible gardening aspect of the business, about his ideas to have an area adjacent to the building designed for outdoor events (weddings, reunions) and a remote events area amongst the apple trees, a micro winery possibility and his ideas on selling of produce from the garden.
He already has a successful restaurant business which will be what moves to the new building.
He knows what he is talking about. He just needs some help with the right contacts.

I'll be posting more on this as I have some wild and crazy notions. I spent sleepless hours after talking to him trying to sort some out. I thought it was the decongestant at the time.

Later: I've just walked from the Kindergarten building to my office through a shortcut outside and it is 75 degrees at the very least! This is exactly how we lost the state's crops of strawberries, peaches, pears, and many other crops last year. Along came 20 degree weather for a week and killed all the blooms.
Things have popped out in just 3 days of warmth around here. I have my fingers crossed there will no frigid weather.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

How about mailing some of those chocolate Filipino cookies to Maryland? We could use some international treats.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! spring!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like it could be an exciting spring.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home