Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day One

I'm sipping my second cup of coffee of my Spring break. What to do, what to do?
I currently have 5 big bags of potting soil in my car trunk waiting to be potted, spread in a raised bed or otherwise used in a dirty way. However the rain set in overnight (who would have guessed?) so an alternate plan might have to be followed. Gosh, it's so dreary out there (peaking out thru the curtains).
The children are either off with their father (J) or in another town attending a BETA convention (E) . The house is blessedly silent. There will be a time when this will bother me but this isn't it.

I shopped for Easter items after leaving J off with his dad. Does anyone else purchase Beef Jerky for Easter basket stuffing? Poor J. I really have some work to do on him if I want to send him out in the world with any class. Maybe he'll grow out of it or I could just refuse to buy him that horrid stuff. That would ensure he would buy his own stash, though. I'd find beef jerky wrappers under his mattress and under his liner paper of his sock drawer.
I did buy the usual chocolate items- chocolate bunny (solid), chocolate money, Reeses PB cups(slobber), M and Ms in sweet Easter colors, chocolate underwear -SCREECH- whoops, that's mine. And I got E a tub of cocktail peanuts. Come to think of it, I should buy them each a six-pack of beer to go with their snacks.
Ah, that makes me think of my dad who would come in from work and pour enough peanuts to fill the lid of the can and have a beer with them while he waited for supper and I would join him. Those were the first beers I ever had legally in that house. Heehee. My mom would grouse about him spoiling his supper. *Smile *

As you all might have found out, the photos I posted of the ice wave were indeed real photos not of Michigan but in Antarctica. I searched it on snopes and found out the proper info. Blah.
I ended up with over 100 hits to my blog since my post. Most were from Michigan.

Oky doky, time for a biscotti with my last cuppa. And I'm off.
Thanks for joining me for a chat.
Hope your weekend is tremendous.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

One of the things I do miss about having no children at home is the fact that there are no Easter baskets. Sometimes I have filled a big decorative basket for the two of us, but we're both supposed to limit sweets, so no basket this year. It is one of the worst parts of getting older.

10:28 AM  
Blogger kate said...

My son could happily pass on the chocolate for beef jerky. I just discovered a local place that makes it - at least I know what goes into making it. My son would live off it if he could. I'd go for the chocolate any day!!

It's hard having a quiet house to oneself ... when my son is gone to visit his papa for one month in the summer, I miss the noise and the activity. Even our dog seems depressed and lies by the front door for several days after he leaves.

I'd be using that soil if I could ... yup, out no matter what!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I understand Mom. Things have changed for me too. My daughter and I were shopping last week and came across the gorgeous little girl clothes for Easter. She stopped and said she missed getting those pretty things. I told her I missed it too, a lot.
Oh, Kate, you too? Well, the locally made deer jerky is really good but I can't find it this time of year. And all chocolate, all the time for me as well.
I didn't use my soil but I spent the afternoon outside sawing down tree sprouts and picking up deadfall branches at my friend's. It sufficed. Looks like today is the day for outside MY house.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home