Thursday, February 21, 2008

You assignment, if you choose it, is to create wonderfully fluffy, delicious golden pancakes from my family recipe. You may have to wait until this weekend to try them, however. I predict this is breakfast today for us. God, I hope I have an egg in the fridge.


Ma Greeny's Pancakes
1 cup flour
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
4 T butter melted (yes, you can use stick margerine in a pinch)

Mix dry ingredients well. You can substitute 1/4 cup whole wheat flour for 1/4 cup white flour if the kids aren't at home. Stir in the wet ingredients until just mixed. Have a hot griddle with melted butter ready and gently pour on pancakes. You know the rest.
My mom always requests a fried egg on top of her pancake with syrup. Gag.
I love real maple syrup or warmed blackberry jelly on mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

hhhmmm... pancakes and maple syrup...

7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am the maple syrup fan at my house. We all like pancakes. Maybe we'll get busy this weekend and cook.

8:33 AM  
Blogger John said...

I knew I should have got on here before I had that oatmeal.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home