Monday, February 25, 2008

Update



I was happy to spend time with my GRAND-nephew this weekend. I can't believe those words are being spoken by me. We were gathered at my #2 niece's wedding shower here.

Sammy wasn't at all happy to be anywhere this weekend with his teeth-cutting. But he was still a wonder to me. And I didn't make him cry.
He blew me away when I watched him manipulating the shadows of his hands on the chair. He just stood there and played like that for 5 minutes. I suppose babies do this a lot but he is only 8 months old. And walking.
Alright, bragging is done.
#2 niece's shower went well. Lots of relatives and visiting. Wedding is next week. More photos then.
Mom was good, Dad was pretty good, brother, sister and other peripherals were equally good.
Weather was fab on Saturday. I actually walked 2 miles on the back roads in the morning and pruned the fruit trees, working up a sweat it was so warm.
The family BBQ'd out Saturday night and hung out. I couldn't stop falling asleep in the chair. They made fun of me which is normal.
We all ate out together Sunday in honor of #1 niece's B-day- Sammy's mom. Then J and I packed up and headed home, shopping along the way for wedding clothes for him. We hardly shop without E with us so we actually found stuff for J. He is gonna look downright handsome next weekend. E is in the wedding so J and I will be sitting together.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I hope you did.

9:25 PM  
Blogger MarkEC said...

What a family-filled weekend... and still in good spirits! ;-) Glad you had a break from all that nasty weather and got to get out of the house... maybe we have turned the corner on winter at this point? We can hope!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all... I can picture you nodding off in the chair, head slumped back, mouth agape, the sunlight glistening off the thin line of drool hanging off your chin... what a lovely image! :-)
(BTW - Hair still looking fabulous daaahling...)

1:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to say Mathman, that I was so happy to be driving away from my house and town on Friday afternoon. It was that elated feeling I would get when starting out on a road trip in college. Even if it was a trip to my mom's.
I've been cooped up too long.

Hi, Markec! I thought you all from Maryland must have gone on a trip since I hadn't seen many of you.
Fingers crossed on the weather deal, yeah.

Simon, heehee you pegged it. Only I don't drool just like I don't snore- too unladylike. I truly think I have the hang of the hair thing. Thanks.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

Babies are god's sign of hope to us. I just love babies!
Sounds like a lovely family gathering. Hope the wedding goes well and brings happy memories for you and the young couple

2:51 PM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Next best thing to working in the yard is being with family. Or is it the other way around? At any rate, sounds like winter may be almost over...

6:11 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Those were cool pictures - little kids are always fun to hang out with.

Now I'm totally envious of working up a sweat outside while pruning trees. Oh I wish ... but I did see several water puddles today. I would have jumped in them, but my big dog beat me to it. So instead, I just got covered in muddy water. By tonight, the puddles had turned to ice. Over the weekend, it is supposed to get above freezing for several days.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home