Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I have a few extra minutes to myself as our Valentine's Day parties are being held this afternoon since we missed having them last week due to the ice storm. I managed to beg pizza and a mini hershey bar from students not to mention a paper cut-out heart I taped to my sweater before I came to my quiet sanctuary and my computer.
Weathermen are calling for freezing rain tomorrow into Friday. I'll believe it when it happens although it might not hurt to stop by the store to stock up on the important things. After all, I'm out of vodka. I used it all in my fruit liquer. (Man, I added sugar to the fruit and vodka and I almost passed out from the fumes! I have to let it sit for at least 2 months. Dang it.)

Planning on making a quick trip this weekend over to visit my family before next weekend and my nieces wedding in the same place. The church is having a wedding shower for her so I need to be there. I haven't been over since Christmas. I haven't seen my grand nephew Sammy since then or my dad.
Ok, bell is ringing and I have a hair cut appointment. Aren't you glad I am rambling on about my boring life?

I am into watching American Idol and I have to say I was thinking very much everything Simon Cowell ended up saying about each of those boys. Freaky, I know. I am that cycnical.

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan Lucente said...

You said, "Aren't you glad I am rambling on about my boring life?"

In answer, YES, I am glad you "ramble" about your everyday goings on... makes me realize I'm not the only one who feels that we have boring lives. :)

I missed American Idol, but wanted to see it. There was a boy on there from my area last night, Garret Haley. I heard he was super nervous...geee, singing on tv, in front of millions of viewers, who wouldn't be nervous? (Just looking at Simon makes me scared...haha)

4:22 PM  
Blogger John said...

If Simon gets fired maybe you could take his place. I think I could cover Randy's spot. What say you?

7:56 PM  
Blogger Dtodd said...

I was disappointed by all of the guys in week one on idol. Boring performances of boring songs. Moon River? The girls have been dull too, but Asia'h is performing now and doing well. Guess she'll be my favorite.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Cynicism is a good thing, I embrace my cynicism with gusto.
Simon Cowell isn't that scary... but then I've seen a lot more of him over here, so maybe Im more used to him.
And yours is not the only blog that lists "boring" every day stuff... whose doesn't?! I like reading it, and judging by the comments of others, so do they, so stop worry and keep writing.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Our lives aren't truly boring, I realize. There is a bit of mundane but I don't really need a lot of chaos or craziness. My nerves wouldn't take it.
Windblown, I'll say it again, now that you have arrived, I'm glad you have resurfaced.

Yo, John, dog, I am really a lot like Paula in that I would want to give encouragement but my real thoughts are mostly like Simon's. Quandry?
And would thy ever fire Simon, since it's mostly his show anyway?
He seems to be nicer this time around too, don't you think?

5:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Dant. I can't think of particular names but there really were only 3 guys that were pretty hot- singing I mean.
And the songs both women and men chose were pretty boring-and we are talking the 60's! So many great rocking songs to choose from. Ack.
And I thought maybe 3 women were really good. Part of it was song choice because as they were surmising, from back at the final cut, the 24 that were chosen had fantastic voices.
Simon, the only person I know that is more cynical than me is my brother. I keep mine a bit hidden from the public and mine borders on "realistic". He is consistently and totally cynical.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home