Friday, February 08, 2008

Dressed To Chill

I took a day off, I took a day off! I know, I just had a five- day weekend a couple of weeks back with the snow we had.
But things are so piled up here with all the paperwork I need to do and the repairs and clutter not to mention the 6 books waiting to be started. Oh, no I don't. Then I won't get anything done. I have set aside time this afternoon to read only if I accomplish several things from my list. (Now I sound like my Grandmother).
My son and I made pink butter-mint hearts last night. I was trying out the recipe to see if it was any good and we scored! It's a step down in richness from the family recipe of cream cheese mints and much easier. We let them set up overnight and will decorate them today with powdered sugar icing piped on. He was into it and made plans which girlfriends he could give some to. Teehee. I'll be sending some to my mother.
I also made some pralines which I have been craving. Yummy. I am sitting here eating one as I type. Ooo, sticky. And where's my canned air...
I work with a woman who is from Louisianna. She gently instructed me they were called praw-lines by pure southern folks and one could tell just by the pronunciation of "pralines" if you were from the south or not. Guess there are other ways of telling as well. Iamnot, do you concur?

I'm off to make another cup or two of java so I can get jacked up good. I should be asleep by noon.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I'm from Northern Louisiana. Damn near Yankee land to some of those down in Nawlins.
However, my parents are both from Nawlins and they both say pralines with a hard a.
People from Nawlins often miss the fact that there's the south and then there's Nawlins. Not the same thing at all.

I love butter mints by the way.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Your creations sound yummy, and there's never more fun than cooking with your kids.
Forget that list and sit by a sunny window and read a book. That's the perfect thing to do with coffee and pralines.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They aren't "butta mi-unts"?
I can sound like Paula Dean talking like nobody's bidnuss. But I find it hard to write like her....
Hi, wp. Glad to see you visitng. Sorry I haven't been in much of a visiting mood to search many out.
You are right about the kid time. For someone who loves his Halo time, J will gladly drop it all if I'm cooking with him. And sweets, well that's an even better deal.

3:45 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

omg, those mints sound yum! i love those things...i love sucking on them til they melt like...buttah. yum!

do you make biscotti too? cause if you make biscotti i'll have to send you my address.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kimmyk, HI! The mints are indeed sucky...heehee
I tried my biscotti recipe for my brother's birthday and wasn't all that jazzed about it. My nephew, however, makes some every year for my mom and I do believe I will get his recipe. I adore the chocolate on chocolate but I won't pass up any up.
And if I were rich, I would always keep a tin of biscotti from here:

http://www.dicamillobakery.com/

Hope you are holding up.

8:29 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

oooh thanks for the link.

i'm addicted to vanilla almond biscotti at the moment. just typing it makes my mouth water....gah.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home