Friday, February 22, 2008

Energizing Post Ahead (Or Now For Something Completely Different)

One quick note. We are out of school for more sleet and ice. No other comments are forthcoming about this continuing @$!*% phenomenon.

J has spent the night with the neighbor child. He most likely will be hung over from too little sleep, too many hours of Guitar Hero and Halo and too many pop-tarts.

He left his messy bedroom that I told him would be miraculously morphed into a clean, well-organized room when he spent 2 hours cleaning and purging with my help --yesterday. Obviously I was not paying attention to the fact he spent 4 hours on our computer and then ran outside when his posse came to collect him, played for hours with them and then at the last possible moment came in to ask if he could spend the night with Zech. I had already forgotten I wanted the job done by that time. Oh, well.

I have my things to gather this morning for my trip to my Mom's and really I can't leave until it melts a bit first. The sun is supposed to shine and if it does the main road over should be clear in a short time. Yay for blacktop!

I love these prints I bought for my dad's room. They are so cool and his room is depressing to me. He is a lover of dogs so I hoped he might see these hanging and get a small kick out of them.























I hope to heck it warms up because this is the trip for pruning my mom's fruit trees before they start to bud. I don't have enough long johns to stay out for too long in this cold, no matter what I'm doing.

My niece's wedding shower is this weekend too. Perhaps I should purchase a gift? (she said absent mindedly)

E is staying here in town this weekend instead of going with J and I since she has an academic meet and the Homecoming dance they had to postpone from last Friday night although it was announced the dance might not happen if we had more ice. Her grandparents here will be hosting her. Finally! Someone to treat her with the respect her exalted position demands.

I'll be back later.

10 Comments:

Blogger nina at Nature Remains. said...

Making the most of a snowy icy day here, too!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, but nina, your snowy days have cool trips to woods and parks!
Uh-oh, I sound whiney. Sorry. And have a great day too. I'll come by and see what you are up to.

7:40 AM  
Blogger John said...

I swear the first pic of that dog, the littler one, looks exactly like my Lucy. Hope you have a fun trip and the ice breaks. I heard through the grapevine that our town ran out of salt. Didn't order enough. See ya.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Susan Lucente said...

Sounds like your school might be better off having classes in the summer and just taking off December through Feb every year. :) Our school does not cancel as often as it should. This morning, snow.. and a good amount of ice on the roads. EVERY school in our area was delayed 2 hours or eventually cancelled..except for ours which was up and running on time. I did a fair amount of sliding taking the kids to school at 7:30am, even with my 4 wheel drive. :( Sometimes I just can't figure out their reasoning.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Susan Lucente said...

Oh and, have a safe and FUN trip!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We haven't had a snow day in years. It sound funny but we had a couple tropical storm days a few years.

So different from my former life in Chicago.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love your blog, you are very witty. Love those dog prints, they are hysterical.

11:15 PM  
Blogger kate said...

I hope you got to your mum's okay and got the trees pruned.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

I enjoy being part of your mornings. When you report on normal life it makes me realize how nice ordinary things can be if we just make ourselves notice them.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

John, maybe if you had given up all the margheritas you demanded the salt situation wouldn't be so critical.
I got home last night and there are still batches of sleet and snow piled up.
Windblown, I think a nice addtion to our district would be a snow route for the buses and a late start rule. I suppose lareger urban school have that option where rural school dont.
Mathman, big diff from Chicago to Georgia weather, you are right. How many years to get acclimated?Oh, how I loved Chicago last summer though. It was such a cool city. And we hit a Sox's game too.
Hi, Yoli, and thanks for coming by here. I didn't get the prints framed yet. It would be bad if they were too cute to part with, huh?
Kate, the trip went off without a hitch, tree pruning and all.

I think, WS, we have been doing a good job noticing the normal everyday stuff and giving thanks it's there instead of chaos. I need a constant reminder.
I'm glad I have a visitor who cares....

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home