Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Windy Wednesday

Alluding to the fact I had a rather fiber -filled meal last night at my friend's house who is on a wacky diet. Nothing really cooked, mostly dehydrated fare. Actually good especially when one is hungry. Hunger makes the best sauce.
"Using a food dehyrator. It allows us to create different textures and drier textures without exposing it to very high heat. So, you run this at about 105 degrees, and we make these wonderful burger patties made from soaked nuts and seeds and mushrooms and vegetables and herbs, and things like that. We just make that mixture and form it into patties and then dehyrate them for a couple of days at 105 degrees.
It was a firm veggie cake resembling a hamburger, but far tastier with spunky seasonings. The "burger" was perched on the dehydrated onion flatbread and topped with romaine, tomato, onion, pickle.".
I tried to find the recipe so you could see the ingredients just in the Big Matt burger I had but the recipes book isn't online. WE also had killer sweet potoato fries that only had a tiny bit of oil, cumin and sea salt. I loved those...


We watched Idol together. It wasn't as full of weirdos as normally found. It was sorta bland in comparison to other competition episodes.

My brother's b-day is today. I think he is 50. I don't want to think about it too much because we can't be this old! any of us....

8 Comments:

Blogger Dtodd said...

No offense but that sounds awful. Why do vegetarians spend so much time creating fake meat products? Answer: because meat tastes good.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

I dont feel any different to when I was 21 - as long as I dont try to do anything; energetic, sporty, involving alcohol, too early in the morning, too late at night, anything involving 'special clothing'... Yes, it catches up to us all. :-(

1:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Dant I fear it is true. To be honest, Sue is in her fifties and to alliviate some painful symptoms of arthritis, she chose to work from this angle. A very stringent diet in which she forgos any wheat, sugar, dairy, uh-the list may stop there, I don't know but that's pretty much what we eat on a daily basis. Everything is dehydrated to preserve enzymes that normal cooking kills. She has lost something like 40 or 50 pounds in the process but she looked so skinny, my daughter who used to have her as a teacher saw her in December and was worried she was dying! The fact is she feels great. Her symptoms are gone and she is healthy. Her life...
I got to have my burger in beef flavor sometimes. And some sugarnow and then.
Thanks for stopping in, Dant.

Hi, Simon! Bahahahahaha.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

God probably looked forward to those biblical sacrifices because barbeques smell great too.

yum, lamb on the barbee

9:21 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

and, no, we're not older.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, sacrifices. Mmmm, lamb...slobbberrrrr.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And I can't be too old. I did a bridge up this morning to prove I could still do one and when our team competed in Drug free games in the last few months, I did 2 round-offs. I am still standing and my back isn't out.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Yeah, I'm with Dant. Whatever works for someone, though, right?

Still, makes me want to hit the drive through at Burger King on the way to work.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home