Friday, January 25, 2008

For those about to drink, I salute you

My thoughts exactly...



To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine.. and those who don't.
As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,
in water there is bacteria. In a number of carefully controlled trials,
scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day,
at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of
Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we
are consuming 1 kilo of poop.
However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila,
rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a
purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.
Remember: Water = Poop, Wine = Health
Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water
and be full of shit .

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it
as a public service

9 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Hear hear... just about to open a nice bottle of chilled sancere!
Have a nice day...

2:21 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Now that is the best news I have heard all day! I knew there was a reason I prefered rum over water.. hmm...

3:48 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Cheers to that news!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Simon, on your way to feeling better, I take it?

Sandi,as I said- this is a public service announcement. Glad to get the word out. Heehee...

Hi, Mom, I knew you'd feel good knowing it.

8:11 AM  
Blogger John said...

I knew there was a reason I hated drinking water. You have confirmed my suspicions and for THAT I salute you!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

woo hoo!! guess I won't have to worry about e coli anymore... cept I already know I'm full of shit :)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

But we must drink water in between our shots of tequila and Absolut, right? Just make sure it's pure and not from the stockyard's water spigot.

Yo, yolinna. I was afraid someone might say that very thing about me....

1:39 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I only drink water when the ice melts in my whiskey.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I knew it! I knew it!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home