Friday, December 14, 2007

A Titillating List of Sorts

Can my posts GET any more boring?!

No politics, no religion, no world catastrophe, no brilliant deductions about man, space or time.

Just my dribbling of inner dialogue. It's a lonely place in my head. Hel-LOOOOO in therrrre!
Nothing.

Things to do this freakin weekend

1. set tree up

2. force snotty children to help decorate it (better thought is to drink heavily while forcing children to decorate it alone while undermining their self esteem with derogatory comments on their decorating abilities)

3. buy eggnog

4. drink eggnog

5. try eggnog with rum

51/2. make rum balls

53/4. buy more rum

6. purchase rest of Christmas gifts on list

7. wrap purchased Christmas gifts for lovely people I love

8. wrap items found in dumpster behind school as Christmas gifts (for Sister-in-law, hateful co-worker, 2nd ex- husband (note to self- don't include a "from" on tag)

9. build blue bird boxes with help from surly children (make them do the sawing- I don't have disability insurance and I plan on drinking heavily)

10. stock up on more eggnog

11. work out (yeah, right)

12. buy brass pole

13. do striptease to Eartha Kitt's version of "Santa Baby" as workout ( note to self- make sure bratty kids are asleep to avoid extra cost of psychiatrist)

14. rest 'cause the snow storm they say is coming is a figment of their imagination and our butts WILL be in school on Monday...

Cheers to all and to all a fab weekend!

13 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

I have a simple gift that works well for people you hate, when you have to give them a gift. I buy a Target gift card and put $5 or $10 on it and I add an extra zero after the orginal. They get that card and they exclaim..."Michele is so generous!" Then they go and use it on their purchases and run short. I've never been asked "Why or did you know that there was only x amount on the card."

I'm a bitch sometimes.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

what is it with these bratty kids and decorating trees anymore?? My kids used to LOVE doing it..now they hate it and hate me even more for making them help me! We put the tree up about 2 weeks ago and the shoe box full of ornaments is still sitting there.. occasionally I will put one or two up.. ugh.

Oh well one thing is it will be easy to dismantle!

Have a good weekend girl.. and drink drink drink...that eggnog;)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Sounds like my weekend...except for the eggnog and dancing stuff.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OO, I like the idea!
You are a bad girl, Jetpass!

Hi, Sandi.
My kids moan about it and really always have. I don't understand where I went wrong.
Have a great weekend too.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Your kids are teenagers. teenagers are bratty. The good news is that they do outgrow it and become your best friends - but not this year.

I've heard that pole dances are a very good aerobic work out they are much easy to do after making all those rum cookies, or rum cake, or is it just rum.

Stay warm!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Thanks for the kind words greeny... and there is nothing wrong with your blog, I love hearing your "dribbles", its the same sort of stuff I post. Forgive the melancholy tint to my blog, problems at home with the other half mean life's hard at the moment... Hows things with you?

6:10 AM  
Blogger John said...

Sounds like fun at your house. Can I come watch?

And I love the gift card idea as well. That is so cool!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Where on earth do you get a brass pole?

I'll ask AM, she might know.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, Iamnot, was your weekend similar?
Mom, I will take your word for it.

Oh, Simon thanks. Sorry to hear things are sticky at home. And to be honest, even when people are having a bad go of it, I don't avoid them. It is an opportunity to help bouy them. Not that my words are that comforting but...empathy goes a long way.

John, surly you have witnessed people saying derisive comments to their kiddos and drinking heavily?

Anne, indeed AM would be the one to ask. My thoughts exactly.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan. How much have you accomplished? The pole dance sounds lovely - of course, I'm a bit one-track-minded right now! LOL

9:15 AM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

http://www.platinumstages.com/

They even have a Christmas special!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Why do you know that? And, don't tell me google.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anne, your avatar is perfect for your question to AM...
AM, thanks for the info. I guess I COULD shop for myself....

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home