Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Some Tidbits

My mom and we sibs have been mulling over whether or not to bring Daddy home for a Christmas visit. We wanted to but worried it might be too much for him as far as noise and commotion. We'll have about 20 people home plus a greyhound.

We probably won't after talking it over with the nurse and doctor at the nursing home. He is stable there and feels secure for a daily routine.
However, my dad needed his hair cut better than it was getting cut by the "stylist" on site, so my mom took him to the guy she and Daddy have always used. She asked him is he wanted to go with her to get his hair cut and he answered her "yeah, sure". She took him in the car and he laughed the whole way there. He enjoyed the ride and looked around the town. He behaved well for the haircut and then she took him for a ride around our town which he laughed during as well. He was ready to go back when she took him and he kissed her goodby and said he loved her.
Now THAT makes me happy.

My son went to a middle school lock-in this past weekend. He is quite pleased with himself. Apparently the 8th grade girl who previously asked him to dance at an earlier dance asked him again and he did. SLOW dance.
He was quite proud of the fact he stayed up a full 24 hours,too. I tried to get him to go to sleep when he came Saturday morning at 7 but he couldn't. I let him do his thing and about 2:30 in the afternoon, I went inside to find him sprawled on the couch drooling and asleep on the couch. 30 minutes later I found him sleepwalking around the living room so I led him back to the couch. I had to wake him at 4 to get ready for the parade. It took me 10 minutes just to get him in a sitting position. Then he finally stood up and walked over to the window where he collapsed on my potted palm. FINALLY, I got him to his bedroom and sat him down on the bed and helped him get a pair of socks on, turned around and he was putting another pair of socks on over the first pair.
At this point I was ready to slap him to wake him up- not to rid myself of any pent-up irritation.
I got him dressed finally and we picked up his bells from the band room, I dropped him by the line up and went home to get myself dressed. When I found him later shaking looking like death warmed over. He said he felt like he was about to puke, just from shaking. I guess he recovered after he lined up with the band since in the pictures he looks fine. He didn't go to bed till 10 pm that night and didn't sleep past 9 am Sunday morning.

Toodles...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

I'm so glad your dad and mom had such a pleasant time getting his haircut! Savor these precious moments.
The boy will survive his adolescent fatigue. Men can't admit they're tired. Savor these moments with him too.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home