Thursday, December 20, 2007

Scariness and Wreckage

E's high school and the adjoining middle school where J goes is in lock down today because of death threats made against four boys in high school. Some believe they will be more safe today than any other day of the school year. I still feel very uneasy. We talked about the kids staying home but there are still finals to take and even though the school will most likely have to redo them E didn't want to miss. She was surprisingly okay going.

I had my first fender bender last night. AArrggh. Slim was parked behind me but to the side where he always parks. My brain went into neutral as I backed out of my garage. I totally dented in my bumper (maybe some heat and a rubber mallet will pop it out- fingers crossed.) and broke out his Jeep blinker and parking light covers, not the bulbs though. SSsoooo, I need to call the body places here in town and find out $ amounts to fix his and mine perhaps avoiding the insurance company. Poor guy almost threw up when I told him since last week when we had ice he scraped someone in the mcd's lot and got charged $900. That guy saw an opportunity.

So there is a bit of a pall over today's excitement of getting out early and starting the break. Nothing a good party won't fix. Party at Andrea's!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Ugh, I hate that sick feeling when I make a big uh-oh like that. junk yard for spare parts?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

I like your positive attitude... nothing a party cant fix! lol

Its true though... while its an inconvenience and cost... its not monumental and it was your first! Not many people go that long without some sort of accident!

Hope you have a great weekend!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

How very scary and awful to have to lock down a school. Will pray that everything went well and the fear is minimal.
Sorry about the fender bender. So very irritating!
It does sound like a party is the right response to all of that.

12:05 AM  
Blogger John said...

I agree with Kate. Good Attitude.

That's what I like about driving a big truck. When I back into something, well, no damage to my big steel trailer bars back there. But that little Honda didn't fair so well.

Just kidding by the way. Did back into a smaller box truck once. Belonged to one of our customers. Sick feeling. They were very understanding about it though.

I didn't get the directions to Andrea's. Maybe it was just an oversight.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

That school stuff is creepy...hope they caught the threateners.

You enjoy that party, hear?

11:36 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

I dont' know what happened to kids or when but this whole school rampage thing bothers me.

I'm sorry about your car.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home