Sunday, December 09, 2007

Project Snowman

Ok these aren't as cool as -















the pocket zombies of
Erin's (http://outofcharacter.blogspot.com/

but I'm pretty happy with them.

Funny- the snowman on the left looks more like a chefman.
I need to add the arms but since I couldn't find the stems of silk branches I had in mind, I'll use some actual small branches. Then they'll be finished.
I still need to make the two sets of mittens for my nieces. I don't know if there is going to be enough sweater left to get them both done.


Yup Sandi, I am disgustingly sick. Coughing, sneezing and a head full of ..you know. Luckily I found some of E's codeine -laced cough syrup from the spring and it worked actually better than the Wild Turkey shots I did. I likes me some codeine.
The funny thing is I started to take my vitamins this week and low and behold, I get a cold. EVERY TIME I take vitamins in the fall, I get a cold. I'm not delusional.
Last year I didn't take them and no cold. I chalked that up to keeping up my walking regimen in cold weather and thereby upping my resistance.

Ice is hovering just north of us like 30 miles. Plenty of rain that could take down our lines if it turns icy here. I did a SNOW dance, not an ice dance, dammit.



8 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

the snowmen are adorable.
I love snow, but hate ice. Get well soon!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

ditto Mom.

I used to have some asprin with codeine I bought in the Caribbean OTC. great stuff.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks mom. And the ice came and went fairly fast. Lucky us. I just sat at home in my pjs.

Caribbean codeine- sounds risky.

2:33 PM  
Blogger MarkEC said...

Glad to hear the ice spared you, sounds like it was bad around there. I would happily take the Caribbean codeine if I could take it at the source.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Awww those snowmen are way too cute!!!

Sorry to her you are sick. Just finally getting over it all myself. Nasty isn't it?? I do hope you feel better soon. Maybe you should do away with the vitamins! hehe :)
Feel better soon :)

5:29 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

The snow men are adorable!

Hope you feel better soon. My son got sick on Sunday, two days of fever and snot and he's feeling up to going to school today.

RYC: I am a lucky mom, I have a great kid.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm super sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon. And I think those snowmen are superfantastic. You are so clever. I rather like the chefman.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rightio, Markec. Wouldn't be too bad to have a cold in the tropics.

I'm better today finally Chelle but it was cruddy to say the least.
Thanks for stopping by.

Too bad about your kid, Jetpass. I saw you mention he was feeling poorly. I didn't have a fever with mine, luckily.

Hi, Lorraine. Thakns for the compliment. I changed the chefmans hat to more of a crusher style. Looks better.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home