Monday, December 17, 2007

Sunday. A lovely day spent with my daughter shopping. I didn't really get anything else accomplished. But it was a nice weekend anyway. Much nicer than I imagined it might be.

Our snowstorm was pretty much a washout for our surrounding counties and us. It dusted everything well and slick stuff up nicely on Saturday night but the sun rose on Sunday morning and it turned into a beautiful cold day just right for getting the last of our shopping done (for the most part).

Our tree went up in Saturday and the house smells delightful. I enlisted the help of my son to help decorate it while his sister went to the local grocery store to play with an ensemble of Shriners and other high school band members while the Salvation Army bell was rung. He griped at first but I threatened him with mental harm so he settled in and had a silly time with me.

I rented "Full Metal Jacket", "We are Marshall", and "Gangs of New York".

My daughter caught most of "Full Metal Jacket" and loved it. "We are Marshall" was sappy and boring since it was predictable. Matthew McConaughey was good actually.
I had seen "Gangs" back in 2003. I thought it would be interesting for E to watch but thank god she was gone when I watched it because it had some naughty bits I'd forgotten. Other wise it was fantastic again. I watched the interview with Scorsese on how the movie came about and was glad I did.

Three and a half days before our break. I think I can make it.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Hang in there...break is a'comin'.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I haven't seen We are Marshall yet. I lived in Huntington when that plane went down.

Break is indeed coming.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

I finish work this Thursday and dont go back until Thursday 3rd January... I can't wait. Its been a long slog to this vacation and my body needs recharging. So name three things you'd like for xmas greeny...

1:23 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

glad things are getting done! I still have way too much to do!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're off all next week too! It can't come soon enough! LOL

12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HHmm, three things.....
A few new bird feeders and a supply of good bird seeds (black sunflower seeds, wild bird food, cracked corn and niger seed), another bottle of Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue perfume, and a good set of pans. I would wager to say I will get none of those but I did order my brass pole.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Christmas is coming! Sounds like your kids are helping as well as their age allows.
I'm retired so I don't get a break. I didn't think I could be this busy without a job in my life. Oh well. Life is good.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Maybe your friends should be pointing your kids to this blog to see your little xmas wish list! I know I won't be getting what I want this xmas, but thats because I think its illegal over here, and definitely frowned upon by some religions... hehe

1:17 AM  
Blogger nataS said...

I take credit for motivating you to rent Full Metal Jacket.

Did you love it or hate it?

8:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Loved it, nataS. It ws gritty and I love the humor. I guess I love realistic movies.
My video store guy said his experiences in the marines and Vietnam was very like this movie.

Thanks for the motivation. Anything else you want to recommend?

9:11 AM  
Blogger nataS said...

Mystic River

7:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Saw it. Loved it. Isn't there another movie coming outbased on a novel by that author? Shiver Island?
And I didn't word that question right. I should have said "any other ideas of things you would recommend?"

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home