Sunday, November 18, 2007

Preparations Are Underway

Having nothing to add to the blogging world of note lately, I was coasting on my engaging and genuinely gifted previous posts for you to re-peruse. Alrighty then...

Hosting Mother for Thanksgiving. Working on cleaning my house, dislodging everything from dust, junk, trash (not true trash), bad thoughts...It's good for the soul. Garage, here I come.

E and I rearranged the LR and DR today. Not too many option with 10 square feet to work with but I like what we did.










I hung my dried hops over my large LR mirror and over my LR windows and the remainder over my front door. I remember my aunt growing hops and doing the same. It looked so woodsy and beautiful I was bent on growing them just to have them to hang. People, do you realize how easy hops are to grow!!?? BUT...cut and hang hops immediately and they will dry in place instead of fighting them after they are dry to conform to your whims and there will be much less vacuuming..... Seems pretty easy to figure out, huh?










I mowed my backyard today to not only cut the grass one last time but to mulch the leaves. It sure neatened it up. I was multi-tasking by grilling pork loin chops. I am so all that.

At this point, a hot shower to relax the muscles hasn't done the job. I am researching prices and availability of hot tubs. Talk to me later in the week when I am lounging in mine. Right after I research heavy duty moisturizer.....

PS. OMG, those popcorn ceilings are so annoying. Don't look, I beg of you.

12 Comments:

Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Cool decorating idea.
I can't imagine you would ever regret getting a hot tub.

9:18 PM  
Blogger MarkEC said...

Hot tubs are great for sore muscles or for relaxing and looking up at the stars. No popcorn ceilings out there. I have no regrets.. far from it! :-)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Very nice decor.
I've always liked the idea of a hot tub, but in the UK its not the sort of thing we'd get much use of. Its not as big a deal as in the U.S really either. So is it gonna be the usual massive U.S spread for Thanksgiving? (Turkey, pumpkin pie etc.)

1:36 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

after the hot tub, you can research a sand blaster for the ceiling. Popcorn ceilings are better than the stalactite ceilings we had when I was a kid, you couldn't bounce on the bed too much, you'd get stabbed.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Dang, I wish I'd thought to do that with our hops before they all turned a completely revolting shade of brown.

Popcorn ceilings. Bain of my existence. But scrapping the crap off would be worse.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, AM and hello. Hope you're having a good go of it.
And really, the hot tub is just a dream- a hot, steamy relaxing dream. It really would be a welcome addition to my patio.
Markec, do you have a tub, is that what you're saying?
Talk about elevating a glass of wine!!!
Hi, Simon and thanks.
Hot tubs are popular but not overly so, I don't think. Certainly a draw for me when the hotel room has one.
And as for Thanksgiving's feast, it will be multi-dished but not huge amounts. Yes, to the pumpkin pie and turkey as well as candied sweet potatoes (recipe to follow), homemade yeast rolls, I think, and some veggies and homemade caranberry relish.
Anne, I giggled at the image of a stab wound from bouncing on the bed.
I think I can plaster over the ceiling and texturize it sometime in the future. I saw a renovated building that has done it to walls and ceilings and got the 411 on how to do it. SSssoooo much better than popcorn scraping....
Hi, Lorraine. You grow hops,too? I only wish I worn my long sleeved shirt as the tiny hairs on the stems eat me alive and stick around for days, sorta like poison ivy. Ack!

2:06 PM  
Blogger John said...

Suggestion; Paint the ceiling yellow and call it Buttered Popcorn. Then hang Movie posters on the wall. Wala! (r however you spell that) you have your own theater.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

I love knowing traditions live on and can be seen when I share the holiday at my children's homes.
Your mom is blessed.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

Not to be pedantic John, but its spelt Voila with a funny little accent over the a... its French, dontchaknow... :-)

1:24 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Holy mother I hate popcorn ceilings. Every little cobweb and piece of dirt gets stuck in them! HOWEVER, I once attempted to scrap it off..after many hours of spraying it with water and using a putty knife.. it looked worse than when I started. Ugh.

I like your hops..what are they?

7:40 AM  
Blogger nataS said...

Hops + Yeast + Water + Other Stuff = Beer

Beer + Water + Hot Tub = Fun

See, not only do I compose, I perform simple addition.

endkxvif

5:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

John, cracking me up as usual. Your humor seems to have been improved with your brush with the meteorite, doncha think?

Hi, Mom. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Thanks for stopping in!

Simon, hi!

Yes, SAndi, it is the spawn of the Devil himself, popcorn ceiling is. (No offense, nataS)
When I redid J's room, I attempted such a feat only to be coughing up popcorn ceiling for a few days after. I only hope they didn't find bags of it in some ancient warehouse when it was still full of asbestos and put it on these ceilings.
And hops have thumb sized pine cone shaped blooms that dangle off a very fast growing vine with large green leaves. The bllom is one of the things they throw into the vat when they are making beer, apparently to add a favorable bitterness. I just liked the looks of it growing...

nataS, I wish you hadbeen my math teacher..

nataS +humor + beer = greeny laughing her ass off.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home