Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saturday Preview



This is the last Saturday the band marches in filed competition. Last weekend it was Mountain Home, Ar. This weekend it's Rolla, Mo. I will be glad it's done. However, when E gets home tonight she is host (as am I) a Halloween party. I only hope the house is still standing tomorrow.

div>








Yesterday was the last day of our week-long "Say No To Drugs" week. Ending on a high note, the teachers teamed up for a very special Teacher Olympics. When I say special, I mean special. Relays such as everyone on a team runs to that team's suitcase, puts on all articles of clothing in said suitcase, claps 3 times, removes articles of clothing, and runs back to tag the next team mate. Of, course the kids enjoy this and we all are hams which makes it even more fun.

10 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

sounds like a long and full weekend! love the photos! Our school had several events against drug use as well... wonder if its a national campaign...

Hope the house is still standing after the party! What did you dress as???

9:15 AM  
Blogger MarkEC said...

Sounds like a wonderful time... that team in the last photo looks competitive! :-) To capture all these special races, you may need to start posting videos so we can laugh along with the kids.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

You are a good mom and a good teacher.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed out on a Halloween Party Friday because of the move. But next year, we'll have one!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Heh. I love your pictures :)

How did the party go????

8:59 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Bet that was a hoot.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Ah. The field shot got my eye moist, some of my favorite parts of HS were in band.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Hope the party was fun and no cops were called, unless it was the stripper kind and they were for the adult host.

btw your daughter is a beauty, she looks like her mom.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Long and full, yes, very Kate! It's definitely nation wide. :)

We were the first place winners, Markec! Yay for us! It was all about the uniform, I think!
Thanks, Mom! You always say the right thing...
You were missed I suspect! I'll be around for next year's gig, if I get an invite!!!
Hi, Sandi, the party was smooth sailing. Other than a cracked candle holder from a thrown pillow which sustained wax coatings, nothing too awful happened. Guess I shouldn't have identified said pillow as a "throw pillow".
There was some hooting, yes, Lorraine!!!
I do get goosebumps when any band is on the field, Anne, and it has to do with the drum line mostly but when they whole band turns toward the audience and belts out a huge note, it makes me tear up as well.!!!!
I WISH there were "cops" like that to call locally, Jetpass! Then I wouldn't have to worry about dating again....

7:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

SM, I was referring to you and your lovely being missed at your normal party scene. And next year I'll be wating for an invite!!!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home