Friday, October 12, 2007

Forthcoming Friday

Whew, be glad I didn't post my last rant. I saved it to finish but since I'm in a better mood I won't. It only dealt with thinly veiled irritation of people too selfish or distracted with their personal fulfillment to see the pain and distress they cause their children. I see the results on a daily basis at school. That is all.

On a lighter note, I am taking a personal day from work. Baking cookies for the band students for tomorrow's field marching competition. I won't be attending but wanted to take care of their sweet tooths..teeths..uh, consumption of sugary snack foods. I know cookies and these are good cookies! My Cow Pasture cookies (no-bake oatmeal peanut butter) and sugar cookies are on my list. Maybe we had better supply toothbrushes and toothpaste for afterwards, huh?

I will be traveling to my mom's for a visit with my son. I'll travel halfway back, meeting E and her dad on Sunday at a designated pick up spot to take her back to our October family get together at Eminence, a craft show on the Jack's Fork river. Good times, good times. My mom's sibs are all down from Michigan and Ohio as well as nieces and nephews from colleges and jobs.

It's been down in the 40's this week after a cold front went through so all my houseplants that were outside had to be brought in. It is a jungle in here since they are much larger. Got to start pruning.
It's also fun to wake up in the middle of the night to a scraping or chirping sound coming from the pots. Name that vermin or insect. And then what's creepy is to get up the next morning and see soil scattered around on the floor near a pot. What went on there??!


Everybody have a nice weekend. Take it easy and love those loved ones!

9 Comments:

Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Send cookies.....

11:59 AM  
Blogger TAG said...

(In my best Cookie Monster voice)

Mmmmm, coookieees!

TAG

9:01 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

I want cookies tooooooo!

and umm ew with the varmits in the plants! omg that would have freaked me out!
No bugs or such for me! :)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me...hehee.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

You don't even know how powerful the last line of that post was...

11:17 AM  
Blogger david mcmahon said...

Came here from IamNot. Cookies -- now you've really got my attention.

Enjoy what remains of your weekend; it's already Monday morning here in Australia!

3:03 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I love those cookies, but never hear your name for them before,which is perfect.

I agree with Lorainne! I'm relieved to have a brown thumb!

I know the rant you didn't post.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Cow pasture cookies? I've never heard of them, are those those chocolate things with oatmeal? oh, send me some too! along with the veggies you are sending < wink wink > OK, just send me or post the recipe, thanks!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Lorraine.

Thanks for visiting David. Come back anytime.

AM, it's just my silly name. They are just the regular no-bake chocolate oatmeal peanut butter cookies you drop on waxed paper. One of the stapel of my household. I add coconut usually but not for the general public because I find no one really likes it.

Arrrgggh, Anne. Remind me I am a bad blog friend, why dontcha?!
Actually the problem of how to ship stuff to you Marylanders made me stop and think about a packing and shipping business like a UPS Store here in my burg. It's a pain to get things to Springfield where there are stores that specialize in packing weird stuff safely.
You'll recognize the recipe when you see it.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home